2 new players looking for trading guild

sargantilla
sargantilla
Soul Shriven
Hi!
My husband and me are quite new to the game but we are regular players, so we already have 11 low-level characters (altogether), serious bag space problems and money to spend. We need trading! :blush:

All our characters are in the Daggerfall Alliance by now, I don't know if this is relevant information or not in order to join a trading guild.

Which guilds would you recommend? Are large trading guilds not for us yet? I've seen some asking for being lvl 50 before joining, for example.
I would like to know a little bit more about trading "culture", uses and customs, like things which are normal in other games, but are considered rude here.

Advise on this different AH system will be more than welcome.
Thank you all!
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! I don't usually scour the forums so I only saw this now. You have no replies, so I'll give you a brief rundown.

First, you don't need to be in a trading guild to use a guild trader. The guild stores may look unfriendly when you first approach one, but you have to use the Search function to find anything. There are some nice add-ons that make searching easier, like AwesomeGuildStore.

However, if you want to sell stuff at a better price, you need a trading guild. Usually, these hate you advertising WTS in guild chat, which is fair enough: the store takes a cut of your sale, which goes into the guild bank, to finance a guild trader.

The reason trading guilds want level 50 players is because they are guilds in premium spots which cost a great deal of money. So they want quality sales, active players and sellers, and weekly donations to cover the cost of the trader. However, there are many trading guilds which do fine without donations, though they will not necessarily have premium spots for trading.

The good trading guilds can be hard to get into: they are usually very close to the 500 member limit. I am in two trading guilds; one requires no donations but is always full. That one is called Merchants of the Wulves and they have a regular spot in Skywatch. The other one is a serious trading guild with a prime position. However the guild leader there has two trading guilds: the other is a more relaxed, casual trading guild. Some friends of mine have joined it and like it. Contact @ellieblue for information and an invite.

Guilds can open a shop when they reach 50 members. They don't usually get a trader at that stage, but the members often put up stuff to sell to other guild members. It's not very efficient. Guild have to bid for their traders every week, and they are not always successful. Then they have to run around trying to find a trader that hasn't been taken up and try and hire that one.

I imagine running a trading guild is quite stressful, and it's not something I want to do. My own guild is a very small, social guild and if we ever get to 50 members we'll probably just have a quiet shop where we can store stuff but don't mind if a guildie buys it.

If you have any other questions, just ask me in in-game. My name is the same as my forum name, but with the @ on the front.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • sargantilla
    sargantilla
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much for all the information, Cyberjanet! It's really useful.

We don't need an important selling spot. Actually, for the low level crafting materials we gather at the moment, I think a spot in a place like Daggerfall, or any initial zone might be more than enough.

We have been lucky, and we are already in two trading guilds which were so nice to invite us. People in both guilds are really nice. One of them asks for weekly donations and the other one does not, although we donate anyways. Selling and buying in both is more than enough for us right now. I imagine running a trading guild has to be stressful! :D

Thank you again for the info.
    Greetings!!
  • Lavionheart
    Lavionheart
    Soul Shriven
    Hello Sargantilla!

stopped by to wish you and your husband a great journey in ESO.

I started few days ago myself, loving it so far, but im looking more PvE, PvP guilds, kinda don't care about money atm :smiley:
    Hello everyone.
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    If you are interested i am the alliance master for 2 trade guilds. One is located in wrothgar and the other in Craglorn.
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    Most of all no sales requirements and no weekly dues.
  • sargantilla
    sargantilla
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Lord Hakao! :)

Lavionheart, thanks a lot. We are loving it too, good luck and have fun!
  • Lavionheart
    Lavionheart
    Soul Shriven
    You're welcome, hope to see you ingame, my name is Lavionheart :smile:
    Hello everyone.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sargantilla!

Glad to hear that you and your husband are enjoying eso. Despite the complaints and whining in the forum, it really is a decent game.

Thank you for the mention, @cyberjanet and your explanation on the trading system is spot on.

Feel free to look me up in game if you need help with anything. Have fun and good luck in eso!!

Ellie
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Quezng
    Quezng
    You can always join our guild, Daggerfall Anguish Legion!
    http://dal.enjin.com/
    You can apply here online and we will immediately invite you in game!:)
    Give me cat nip.