Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why does it keep putting me into Level 2 dungeons?

Soafee
Soafee
✭✭✭
I enjoy using the dungeon finder tool but more times than not I get selected for a Level II dungeon. Now I'm all for challenge but most of them are so freaking difficult to heal. I'm level 40.. I'm not in BiS gear or anything I'm in a lot of level 1 dungeon gear and quest gear. I have no issues at all healing level 1 dungeons but if I don't accept the queue when it pops up then I have to wait 15 minutes.

I try so freaking hard to heal some of these. There are a couple that are easy enough but the one I was just in makes me want to quit healing all together. I feel so badly for my group. They were very nice to me but I can't help but blame myself. We were on the mechanical spider boss where it changes 3 colors and I tried as hard as I could to heal through the poison phase and if I didn't have it perfectly where my ultimate was ready by the time he changed green we died. There wasn't anything I could do about it. They put up with me for at least 5 tries before I succumbed to guilt and left.

Is there a way to prevent me from getting queued for level 2 dungeons until later? Thank you in advanced.
Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, with One Tamriel, there's no way to avoid the "II" dungeons if you queue for a Random.

They are more difficult because they are the former "Veteran" versions of the dungeons, scaled down in mob health and damage to become a "normal" difficulty one.

About your specific issue with the Engine Guardian: There's a trick to get through the poison phase. There's four levers in the boss room that can each be used once to skip a boss phase. When the phase before the green is about to end, have someone stand at the lever, and pull it as soon as the green phase starts.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick question - are you using healing springs on the green (poison) phase? If not, you should probably try using that. Make sure your group stays together - having some people in melee and some ranged during that is what makes healing that phase difficult. If everyone is together, just healing springs through the damage. If someone is refusing to stay with the group at that time and they die, that is on them, not you.

As a side note, the suggestion above to pull the levers WILL shut off the poison, but it will also keep you from getting the hard mode completion, and will cost you the extra key. (unless something got changed with 1T) Some people may get angry with that if it happens to be the days pledge.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Syrani is correct. If you want to do the two-keys pledge, you need to not use the levers. That is still the case.

I was assuming, since the OP is level 45, they are (actually they can't) not doing vet mode pledges yet. Especially considering they're having trouble on normal mode, they probably won't want to touch vet or even hard mode yet. ;) Hence my suggestion with the levers.

The comment about healing springs is good and valid though! If you set that up in time, i.e. have the group stand together and start spamming springs early on, that's a more powerful heal (since it's cheaper, it stacks and hits the whole group) than BoL. You need to start that a bit early though, since it's mostly a 3-second heal-over-time. If you start that when the poison is already running, it might not heal sufficiently off the bat.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I used healing springs. I used every tool I had. I'm not a newbie to healing or my class. I just don't think I was geared enough for that dungeon. I said I don't have problems in normal mode dungeons. There are a couple of level 2 dungeons that are exceptionally hard for me but they are also hard for my entire group.

I was just wondering if there was a way that I could still use random dungeon finder while excluding myself from a few dungeons until I could get better gear. I haven't had one actual "healing" item drop for me since I started playing everything is DPS gear. So I'm healing with an entire set of magic dps gear which I'm sure isn't that ideal.

I know there are items that add to healing like adding buffs and shields if I heal but I have yet to actually see any of those.. The daily dungeon reward has never given me a magic item. I just now replaced a level 22 resto staff. I've had no luck in the gear department.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Actually if I knew how the whole guild trading thing and buying stuff actually worked I may be able to find some gear.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Which platform are you playing on?

If you Need any tips or gear i can help you out if you are on PS4 EU.

- Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to "skip" certain dungeons when using the Random finder is to leave the group after you get assigned one of them, and accept the 15 minute re-queue penalty.

As for the poison phase, are you playing a magicka templar? If the group is too erratic for Healing Springs, you should be able to heal through it with Breath of Life quite easily.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Sou_rou
    Sou_rou
    ✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    Actually if I knew how the whole guild trading thing and buying stuff actually worked I may be able to find some gear.

Are you having trouble figuring out the guild store search?

Finding anything you want to buy? (Tamriel Trade Centre web site can help, even if it doesn't list everything.)

Not getting stuff you buy? (It comes in mail, but may not alert you until you change zones.)

Give us a hint. (No, I've never faced any of those challenges. :* )
    It's easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble -- Bjarne Stroustrup

• Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    lvl I and lvl II have no difference in difficulty, they are just different dungeons played on the same map

normal vs vet is where the difficulty increases
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy using the dungeon finder tool but more times than not I get selected for a Level II dungeon. Now I'm all for challenge but most of them are so freaking difficult to heal. I'm level 40.. I'm not in BiS gear or anything I'm in a lot of level 1 dungeon gear and quest gear. I have no issues at all healing level 1 dungeons but if I don't accept the queue when it pops up then I have to wait 15 minutes.

I try so freaking hard to heal some of these. There are a couple that are easy enough but the one I was just in makes me want to quit healing all together. I feel so badly for my group. They were very nice to me but I can't help but blame myself. We were on the mechanical spider boss where it changes 3 colors and I tried as hard as I could to heal through the poison phase and if I didn't have it perfectly where my ultimate was ready by the time he changed green we died. There wasn't anything I could do about it. They put up with me for at least 5 tries before I succumbed to guilt and left.

Is there a way to prevent me from getting queued for level 2 dungeons until later? Thank you in advanced.

There is some misinformation in this thread. From those responding to you and from you yourself. Allow me to break it down, just to be sure.

First and foremost, since you are lvl 40, it is impossible to do any veteran dungeons, so this concern of yours is strictly with normal mode dungeons.

You seem to be under some kind of impression that the "level 2" dungeons are a step up, and specifically tuned to be harder, this is simply not true.

The reason the "2"'s seem more difficult is strictly because prior to one tamriel, these were the veteran dungeons, and therefore they were mechanically more demanding. They also came with an entirely different side Story and boss encounters. Fast forward to now, and a major revision has taken place. In an effort to widen available content to all players, zos changed the veteran dungeons of pre 1T to regular dungeons, and added the 2 at the end to simply signify that they are the "second act" if you will story line wise, of the dungeon. Nothing more.

Mathematically, the "2" dungeons are not any more difficult as far as monster tuning and raw stats. You might struggle more with them since there are usually more mechanics invloved in the encounters, but ZOS does not intend for them to be "level 2's". The next step in challenge is exclusively veteran dungeons, which there is a vet mode of every dungeon in the game, including the "level 2s".
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syrani wrote: »
    Just a quick question - are you using healing springs on the green (poison) phase? If not, you should probably try using that. Make sure your group stays together - having some people in melee and some ranged during that is what makes healing that phase difficult. If everyone is together, just healing springs through the damage. If someone is refusing to stay with the group at that time and they die, that is on them, not you.

As a side note, the suggestion above to pull the levers WILL shut off the poison, but it will also keep you from getting the hard mode completion, and will cost you the extra key. (unless something got changed with 1T) Some people may get angry with that if it happens to be the days pledge.

The OP Is not doing veteran mode. He/she is only lvl 40.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    I"m level 49 now. So none of this matters any longer :P but thank you for your input.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I"m level 49 now. So none of this matters any longer :P but thank you for your input.

Just out of curiosity, how is it no longer relevant? Are you saying in those 9 levels you have improved as a healer? Because otherwise, random normals and random veterans are still a thing.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, how is it no longer relevant? Are you saying in those 9 levels you have improved as a healer? Because otherwise, random normals and random veterans are still a thing.

Well, I really don't care all that much because I don't play enough. This game holds my attention for a while then I move to something else. I'm playing LOTRO and WoW as well.

If they would make this game more user friendly and I didn't have to run to the forums every time I would like to know something it would be 1000x more enjoyable. I'm pretty angry I spent $80 for mount speed on one character and found out that it didn't go to all of my characters and I could of spent in game currency to get it. There is nothing in game that says "hey, you can spend in game gold and buy it!" I saw it in the store and thought it was the only way to get faster speed. I feel ripped off.