Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 12 Now Available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 12 Now Available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Dive into our launch article to learn about the new features, watch our latest trailer, and read a message from Game Director Matt Firor.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Gioky124
    Gioky124
    This update has been a dissatisfactory . Its brought a lot of lag. Was on for a few moments and it kicked me off and it has not let me back on since. I keep getting error code: 303
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this update! ESO is way more like a true TES game now, but the dueling in cities is really annoying and everything is making more time to load because of it. :/ I don't mind other players having fun, as long as they don't ruin mine. ;)
    Edited by Neirymn on October 20, 2016 7:01PM
  • Chrisanne
    Chrisanne
    Soul Shriven
    I posted this as its own thread in the bugs section as it a bug in design... but here it is here.

I have thought long and hard about writing this post. Sad to say it is my first and may very well be my last. My roommate and I are not the biggest gamers on the planet, but when we come home from a long day’s work we enjoy a bit of entertainment. From the time her college told her that they were playing ESO, she stated looking into it and so did I. We both purchased an Xbox one in order to play this game. That was three months ago. We have found ESO to be a fantastic escape from the monotony of the daily stress. It has let our minds and spirit go on adventures we could only dream of. From the stories to the music scores it has been nothing less than fantastic.

The roommate and I have both played RPGs way back in the day of the first Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, Zelda, and even MUDs. Showing my age, I have played more RPGs and MMOPGs then I should even count. I have worked and lived around the game industry for many years. I say all this to show I am not some person just being a “hater” (or whatever the current word is), but someone that really wants to express my input as to why my friends, co-works, family, and myself will no longer be playing ESO until something changes.

Update 12 seem to be a fantastic idea all the way up to one single nail in the coffin. That nail is one word… “Scaling”. Scaling the level of the enemy or monster just to match your level (or close to it) makes an RPG pointless. The whole reason a person “Grinds” is be strong enough to take oh what is up ahead in the next adventure. You guys took the Indicator levels off the enemy because you felt there was no longer a need due to it was matched with the current player. Awful. If I wanted to travel back to where I started, all the enemies would be at my current level, and this makes me feel like I never advanced or achieved anything. What if I want raise my levels higher just to take on a large monster or boss in a cave, but learning it will do no good until you are killed over and over again. Pointless.

Player Vs. Player (PVP)…. What a wash there too. When would it ever seem fair that a level 12 person be able to kill a player that is level 50+? Why even try or care at that point? Why can a level 25 person attack an enemy with only a few blows and someone that is 45 with same race, pact, and weapons require to hit it three to four times that amount? Does that seem right? Again, Pointless.

I cannot wait to read everyone’s comments on this, and even the team that through Update 12 with the Scaling was a good idea.

I was honestly looking forward to putting more time, and money into this game. Thank you for helping me find something else to do with my free time.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    So far, I like the update. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the new gear sets, but it's all good. Some of the dungeons are too easy while some are a little harder. I think it depends on the previous mechanic and I get it that we are trying to give tanks a more viable role. I would like to be able to filter out my chat box having only my guild to speak with if I needed to or multiple guilds I am in. Overall I like.
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    I agree with Chrisanne.
    The change to scaling I have a big problem with.
    Example is taking on Aurig Mireh at Shivering Shrine, it is level 14. I took on Aurig Mireh when I was level 19, you can see it here in Ep166: https://youtu.be/7epDeFN48Cw, Aurig killed me in all of 21 1/2 seconds. After update 12, in episode Ep266 (will be uploaded before end of November) Aurig kills me in 17 seconds and I'm now level 26!
    Scaling has made everything our level, that makes bosses always very tough. What happen when you go up a level, you get tougher, but your equipment does not, not so the creatures, they and their equipment goes up, so you lose. You are constantly replacing your gear - just to keep up, with no chance of getting ahead to take on tougher opposition.

I do like that the item drops are more relevant.

Another change is that resources are also now your level whether you are, it used to be that as you went up levels you went into higher level areas to gather the level relevant resources. I sometimes craft equipment for lower level characters of other players. As resources are all now my level, I'm not able to go to a lower level area (for example) to hunt for iron ore, maple, or jute to make stuff for someone else.
    Chrisanne wrote: »
    I posted this as its own thread in the bugs section as it a bug in design... but here it is here.

Update 12 seem to be a fantastic idea all the way up to one single nail in the coffin. That nail is one word… “Scaling”. Scaling the level of the enemy or monster just to match your level (or close to it) makes an RPG pointless. The whole reason a person “Grinds” is be strong enough to take oh what is up ahead in the next adventure. You guys took the Indicator levels off the enemy because you felt there was no longer a need due to it was matched with the current player. Awful. If I wanted to travel back to where I started, all the enemies would be at my current level, and this makes me feel like I never advanced or achieved anything. What if I want raise my levels higher just to take on a large monster or boss in a cave, but learning it will do no good until you are killed over and over again. Pointless.

Player Vs. Player (PVP)…. What a wash there too. When would it ever seem fair that a level 12 person be able to kill a player that is level 50+? Why even try or care at that point? Why can a level 25 person attack an enemy with only a few blows and someone that is 45 with same race, pact, and weapons require to hit it three to four times that amount? Does that seem right? Again, Pointless.

I cannot wait to read everyone’s comments on this, and even the team that through Update 12 with the Scaling was a good idea.

I was honestly looking forward to putting more time, and money into this game. Thank you for helping me find something else to do with my free time.

• Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    So will there ever be a way to play on both PS4 AND PC and not have to buy a whole new account?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends