The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game will not start

markbonafeub17_ESO
After logging in, the splash screen is displayed; waiting for the character selection screen. After what feels like 10-15 minutes, the system crashes: Error 308 (6:3:1470:2) Lost connection due to inactivity.

Inactivity? I never saw the character selection screen! I have tried restarting a few times without any luck. Any idea when this will be fixed?
  • markbonafeub17_ESO
    I just ran the Game Consultant and the report file is empty. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran the Game Consultant and the report file is empty. Any help is greatly appreciated.

After a patch, the game does some sorting on the hard drive after logging in, but before character select. This can take several minutes, and the game can time out. Often times, this is done one time and then the game is back to normal. Apparently not, in your case.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 12, 2016 3:41PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • markbonafeub17_ESO
    So what can I do to resolve this? Your explanation is good, but I have a solid state drive. This should be a quick activity.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no suggestions other than to rename "shadercache.cooked" and try again. Maybe it is corrupted and needs to be regenerated from scratch. Not the best answer, I am afraid.
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using the repair function?

The last several updates have required me to use that, without fail, or the game won't launch after the patch. Sloppy. Very sloppy.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • markbonafeub17_ESO
    Repairing - again - took care of it. Thanks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!