Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone can help me with my blacksmithing?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
its taking forever its almost done it did not take this long when i was doing the food provisioning and i was close to the end :( does blacksmithing actually take long when ur almost at the end? im about to die its going up inch by inch like wth , can anyone help me please ,im on xbox
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to Crafting
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Equipment crafting does not really level from making stuff. Well, you get some Inspiration, but it is a very small amount.

Number one best way to level any equipment crafting is to farm mobs for loot and decon it. You get as much Inspiration as something someone else made. You also get character exp, gold, chance for set items, and can level skills if you need to while farming. Sell enough of the pieces to cover repairs, then decon the rest.

Buying Intricate items is another good way. I have noticed on the PC anyway, that Intricate items have dropped in price due to all the farming being done so there is a good supply right now.

Finally, you are researching traits right? You need to know traits to make the good gear, and it takes time. You can get to 6 Traits in a month or two on the things you use all the time, but it takes months to get to 9 traits so you want to start as soon as possible on that. Get one trait on everything you use, then the second etc. Then go back and fill in the traits on the things you use less often.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Equipment crafting does not really level from making stuff. Well, you get some Inspiration, but it is a very small amount.

Number one best way to level any equipment crafting is to farm mobs for loot and decon it. You get as much Inspiration as something someone else made. You also get character exp, gold, chance for set items, and can level skills if you need to while farming. Sell enough of the pieces to cover repairs, then decon the rest.

Buying Intricate items is another good way. I have noticed on the PC anyway, that Intricate items have dropped in price due to all the farming being done so there is a good supply right now.

Finally, you are researching traits right? You need to know traits to make the good gear, and it takes time. You can get to 6 Traits in a month or two on the things you use all the time, but it takes months to get to 9 traits so you want to start as soon as possible on that. Get one trait on everything you use, then the second etc. Then go back and fill in the traits on the things you use less often.

where do i farm mobs for loot then . :/ i use to do the rift farm back then should i go back to that? :/ idk waht to do other than that. i dont have a guild and i dont have any friends that can give me stuff to deconsruct cuz i have no friends who play eso :/
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    North of Sentinel wayshrine, Alik'ir Desert, zombie beach. (shhh. don't tell everyone at once! =P )

Go there and pull as many mobs as you can handle. Watch the high-CP players and the routes they run to pull efficiently. Try to team up with someone (grouping if you can), and help them pull correctly, and you should get a good amount of drops and exp fairly quick. There is also a merchant just west of that beach for easy bag clearing.

And if you wanna get serious about it, craft yourself some training armor and weapons before you start - as much as you can anyway. On a side note, if you do get efficient with a good random partner (or guildy), it's an excellent opportunity to pop a psijic ambrosia if you do that kind of thing, but it's certainly not important for drops - it just makes the most of your time.

It also sounds like you could use a friendly guild. Do yourself a favor and seek one out here in the correct subforums, or on reddit.
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    North of Sentinel wayshrine, Alik'ir Desert, zombie beach. (shhh. don't tell everyone at once! =P )

Go there and pull as many mobs as you can handle. Watch the high-CP players and the routes they run to pull efficiently. Try to team up with someone (grouping if you can), and help them pull correctly, and you should get a good amount of drops and exp fairly quick. There is also a merchant just west of that beach for easy bag clearing.

And if you wanna get serious about it, craft yourself some training armor and weapons before you start - as much as you can anyway. On a side note, if you do get efficient with a good random partner (or guildy), it's an excellent opportunity to pop a psijic ambrosia if you do that kind of thing, but it's certainly not important for drops - it just makes the most of your time.

It also sounds like you could use a friendly guild. Do yourself a favor and seek one out here in the correct subforums, or on reddit.

i dont have alikir desert :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IOUAT wrote: »

where do i farm mobs for loot then . :/ i use to do the rift farm back then should i go back to that? :/ idk waht to do other than that. i dont have a guild and i dont have any friends that can give me stuff to deconsruct cuz i have no friends who play eso :/

I leveled all my crafting skills with no assistance from a guild. While a Guild can be helpful, say in making you traited items for research, it is not needed to level crafting.

Any Public Dungeon, any Grind Spot on the overland. Like one mentioned above in Alikir. Note, Zombies and Boodfiends are squishy and easy to kill, but they put an AoE damage on death that can be problematical, so be careful of that. There is also an area in Auridon that has tons of animals to kite and kill, in then center western area of that zone. Anyway, each zone has an area or two of quickly spawning mobs that you can run a big circle killing them over and over again. Kite together as many as you can for most efficiency. If there are others there, either run with them, or find a smaller area and do your own pattern and let them have the rest.

If your not ready to handle kiting and taking down large groups of mobs, then either do them 3 or 4 at a time, or run Delves as the mobs are in smaller groups and spaced out.

As for buying stuff, check the Guild Kiosks. Anything that is CP160 and cheap, less than 100 Gold is a candidate. Intricates will cost more of course.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have a guild and i dont have any friends that can give me stuff to deconsruct cuz i have no friends who play eso :/

What platform are you on? If your on PC/NA, send me an email in game and I can get you in a couple of guilds that are suited for a solo lone wolf type of player.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just decon everything instead of vendoring it. Works okay.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    i dont have a guild and i dont have any friends that can give me stuff to deconsruct cuz i have no friends who play eso :/

What platform are you on? If your on PC/NA, send me an email in game and I can get you in a couple of guilds that are suited for a solo lone wolf type of player.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I just decon everything instead of vendoring it. Works okay.

where do u get ur stuff to decon?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

im on xbox ,and i like being with groups i just dont have any friends to play with :|
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭

Well... I tried. Hope you got SOMETHING out of my post.
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have the game you do. If you don't have an unlocked wayshrine, then you can use the Navigators (look for the Wagon or Anchor icons when in the major city for a zone)

But, every zone as at least two grind areas, and a Public Dungeon. Does not need to be Alikir.

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

If you have the game you do. If you don't have an unlocked wayshrine, then you can use the Navigators (look for the Wagon or Anchor icons when in the major city for a zone)

But, every zone as at least two grind areas, and a Public Dungeon. Does not need to be Alikir.

So it doesn't have to be alikir but alikir is the best spot to grind the mobs for stuff to deconstruct ?
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run normal dungeons.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Use the group finder and run normal dungeons. Deconstruct everything you pick up. Without friends/gold this is the fastest way
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA