The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not getting emails

calicocollage_ESO
I had to update my computer's hardware and now when I try to log on to play ESO it asks for a verification code.
My email isn't receiving the verification emails. No matter what I do the emails will not show up in my inbox or spam/junk folders.
I'm guessing the reason for this is because I'm using a @mail.mil Military email account.
What I need to do is change the email on my account to my Gmail addy.
I've tried and TRIED to submit a ticket but I'm still not getting any auto emails for submitting a ticket.
I've posted 2 other times about this problem on the forums and someone opened a ticket for me, but the ticket was marketed "Solved"in less than 12 hours with no help on the subject.
I've been waiting now for a week for something to be done, and I'm not getting help.
Any suggestions on what I need to do now?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I updated a video card and had to do this. Kind of irritating, they should keep this only to motherboards and HDD's. Anyway.....

Did you try changing your email address yourself in the Account section here? Look for the link at the top of the forums. You will need your game ID and password, not your forum ID and password. Unless they are the same of course.
    Edited by Nestor on November 11, 2016 3:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• calicocollage_ESO
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yep, I updated a video card and had to do this. Kind of irritating, they should keep this only to motherboards and HDD's. Anyway.....

Did you try changing your email address yourself in the Account section here? Look for the link at the top of the forums. You will need your game ID and password, not your forum ID and password. Unless they are the same of course.

Yes I have tried that, I get this message when I try:

"You've logged into Elderscrollsonline.com from a new device or browser. For your security, we've sent a special access code to your registered email address. To verify that you're the owner of this account, please enter the access code below.
    For your security, you'll need to grant access to this computer by entering the access code we've sent to your email."

1st - I'm not using a new device, I've updated my computer and that is why I get this message.
    2nd - I will never get the verification email code, I've tried this over a dozen times. I believe this is because of the type of email I have on the account. Nothing I do will allow the emails to come through. I'm guess it is because I'm using my military email and the strict fire wall the email server has on. I can't disable the fire walls or anything like that. Adding the ESO emails to the "Not block" list doesn't help either. I do not get emails.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they give you any instruction on how/where to use/not use a .mil email account? For goodness sake, I can't believe someone would use a .mil account for a game or many other kinds of internet services and think nothing of it.

Thank you for your service with this being Veteran's Day and all, but you should really change all personal interests over to your gmail account. I'm sure various domains that are considered security issues (and many games are based in foreign countries so are an inherent security issue) and you'll never have any control over settings on a .mil account.

It sounds to me like you're going to have to call customer support on the telephone to get this straightened out and please be more mindful/careful of security in the future.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • calicocollage_ESO
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Didn't they give you any instruction on how/where to use/not use a .mil email account? For goodness sake, I can't believe someone would use a .mil account for a game or many other kinds of internet services and think nothing of it.

Thank you for your service with this being Veteran's Day and all, but you should really change all personal interests over to your gmail account. I'm sure various domains that are considered security issues (and many games are based in foreign countries so are an inherent security issue) and you'll never have any control over settings on a .mil account.

It sounds to me like you're going to have to call customer support on the telephone to get this straightened out and please be more mindful/careful of security in the future.

I was part of Beta when the game first started and didn't think much of it when I placed my military email as the email on the account. I did this to make sure I was aware of when I was able to beta test the game since I check the military email far more often than my gmail. And to be honest I've never had this issue until I've needed the verification email. I even received an email from ESO 4 weeks ago when I submitted an in game report. So I don't know why I'm not receiving the emails now. I'm only assuming it has something to do with the military email, I may be wrong and there is a problem with ESO's emails. I have seen others post about the same problem on the ESO facebook page, so I'm not the only one.

And if you must know, I don't use my military email on any other of my game accounts. I do not appreciate being lecture on something you do not know all the facts on.

Finally I have tried customer service and with no luck I still have not gotten the help that I need on this mater. That is why I'm here posting, in hope of getting real customer service.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does this frequent desire to blame victims come from?

This player needs product support. The end.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does this frequent desire to blame victims come from?

This player needs product support. The end.

Yes, he does need customer support, and I did suggest he try getting it through the telephone as email is apparently not an option for him. But he also needs to be responsible with a government email address, and that's not "blaming the victim" -- rather it's expecting a government employee to behave responsibly.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.