Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Whats the best way to powerlevel to 50 SOLO?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Need to try and get a character up to 50 for this weekend (ideally). Anyone got any advice/suggestion or know of any guides (obviously these would need to be compatable with One Tamriel)? Cheers.
Edited by Bam_Bam on November 1, 2016 9:31AM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get full gear with training trait. Buy ambrosia and / or xp Scroll. Get drinks and pots and mundus for regen. Get into a cave and grind away
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    Now that the double xp event buff is available, it will be super fast. I found doing delves, dolmens etc very effective since the double boosted completion xp is quite nice and you also get some of those valuable skillpoints. Also, random normal dungeons take less than ten minutes with an ok group and that gives crazy xp! Often several level's worth in one go.
  • Caipiroska
    Spark wrote: »
    Now that the double xp event buff is available, it will be super fast. I found doing delves, dolmens etc very effective since the double boosted completion xp is quite nice and you also get some of those valuable skillpoints. Also, random normal dungeons take less than ten minutes with an ok group and that gives crazy xp! Often several level's worth in one go.

which double xp event buff? i'm confused
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    The halloween event allowed for double exp is you were in skeleton form (with a fairly easy quest), but that event is over for consoles. If you're on pc/mac I believe you have 1 more week.

If the event is still on, I would recommend finding the dolmens in your area and just grinding them. I took my temp and dk from 0 to 50 doing this, plus its great way to get event items, level fighter's guild, and clear out some achievements.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I refreshed to buff with all my character before the even was over and my character screen still list the 100% buff. Does this mean I still get the extra experience buff even if event is over> Does anybody know this?
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Grind mobs.
    Did it last weekend took 7 hours with double xp from event and training gear.

Would have been quicker but most areas were packed with other grinders.
    Now that event is over(on console) shouldn't be many out there.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caipiroska wrote: »
    which double xp event buff? i'm confused
    The Witches Festival which just ended for consoles but is still going for another week for PC players.

There's a free item in the crown store that starts the quest. Once you're done with the quest you'll get a memento that allows you to get the double XP buff. Good for 2 hours after which you simply re-apply the buff.
    shades.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    I refreshed to buff with all my character before the even was over and my character screen still list the 100% buff. Does this mean I still get the extra experience buff even if event is over> Does anybody know this?
    The buff is active until your characters timer runs out. You just can't re-apply the buff anymore.

So i suggest you make good use of whatever time your chars have left ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tygerfire wrote: »
    The halloween event allowed for double exp is you were in skeleton form (with a fairly easy quest), but that event is over for consoles. If you're on pc/mac I believe you have 1 more week.

If the event is still on, I would recommend finding the dolmens in your area and just grinding them. I took my temp and dk from 0 to 50 doing this, plus its great way to get event items, level fighter's guild, and clear out some achievements.

That sounds like a plan to me. Thanks Tyger and everyone else for the advice!
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Getting to 50 was the easy part. But now I have to figure out how to earn skill points, other than the main quest. Oops :P
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Well. Getting to 50 was the easy part. But now I have to figure out how to earn skill points, other than the main quest. Oops :P

4man dungs
    do pledges and random normal daily
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lashiing wrote: »

4man dungs
    do pledges and random normal daily

I've only ever done 1 dungeon since Beta. True story. >.<
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't over look the Zone Main Quests, typically in 5 stages and gives a skill point for each stage. Plus a lot of Exp for Champ Points. These are not the game's Main Quest.

Then there are Skyshards.
    Public Dungeon Group Bosses
    Group Dungeons for the first time
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the "Skyshards" addon that shows them on the map, and go explore the world. ;) Fastest way to get skillpoints after the 64 for leveling to 50.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    Malabal Tor dolmein.. 2 dolmeins near wayshrines.. just ask a kind soul to bring you there
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★