The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some tips for PVP please

Rezk
Rezk
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, so I am new to the game and my first character is a dual wielding redguard stam dk but I feel like I do no dmg in pvp with him. So I want to ask you what combo (class, race, weapons, guild, armor all that jazz) is best for pvp. I like burst dmg and from what I hear stam nb with 2 handed and bow or magicka sorc with destruction and restoration is best for that sort of thing.

Help me out please. Keep in mind that I am talking stricly pvp. If you can also help me out with a build for that specific character too that would be awesome.

Also some tips to level fast would be cool as well.

Thank you for your time

Best Answers

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Due to battle levelling it doesn't really matter what gear just make sure it's the right level, when I'm in BwB I wear the blue stuff that drops from rewards of the worthy. Just make sure to use purple weapons and get new ones every 5 levels. Try to level up 2H, S&B, bow and DW. You'll be glad when you're CP160 and have all that levelled up. Use a mixture of heavy and medium but use robust jewellery.

Remember experience is what will make you better. Knowing how to counter the other classes etc. but sometimes that means dying over and over to know your limits. Dont stand at the back, get stuck in, have fun!

PC EU
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    Rezk wrote: »
    Wow mate thank you very much but I still wanna know about the nightblade and sorcerer and which class is most powerful in pvp

until you get to cp160 play what you like the best and enjoy cuz one you hit cp160 this game is going to get ALOT ALOT harder

e/ here are the general playstyles

stam
    nb - ganking, high damage, very good cc's but not frequent, good mobility
    sorc - high damage, high healing, little to no cc, great mobility
    dk - high damage, high tankyness, little to no cc, slow
    templar - medium damage, high heals, cc's out the ass, super annoying to play against, slow

mag
    nb - very hard to play, high healing, low damage, very op cc's and constant
    sorc - hard to play, shield spam, high damage, good mobility
    dk - lol just dont pvp on a mag dk, theyre all just dots
    templar - typically the healer, makes for a very strong "beam build" but not very tanky, i'd stay away from this one too until your more into group play
    Edited by Lashiing on November 9, 2016 8:14PM
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what level are you and what have you put your attribute points into?
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Rezk
    Rezk
    Soul Shriven
    Level 19 all points in stamina
    Options
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    when you hit cp160
    5x black rose, 2x bloodspawn/veli, 3x agil, 1x MA/Master
    or
    5x black rose, 2x bloodspawn/veli, 4x anything you like

since dk's dont have viable gap closers you should def go 2h/bow or 2h/s&b
    2h
    claw, rally, crit charge, dizzying, executioner, db of smiting
    bow
    vigour, igneous shield, poison inject, wings, shuffle, corrosive
    s&b
    vigour, igneous shield, heroic, wings, shuffle, corrosive
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
  • Rezk
    Rezk
    Soul Shriven
    Wow mate thank you very much but I still wanna know about the nightblade and sorcerer and which class is most powerful in pvp
    Options
  • Rezk
    Rezk
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys so much for all the info.

So for a stam nb what are the best weapons? 2h with bow? dualwield with bow? And the best race? I've heard khajiit , imperial or bosmer are the best but I don't really know. Again this is strictly PVP. I don't like one handed and shield I won't use it lol.

And a question about the skill points reset. Let's say I reset my skill point and I have morphed abilities, do they go back to the normal ability at rank IV or at rank I or how does it work? So I get the skill point I used for the morph back too? It's a bit confusing.

Thank you all for your time.
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the best race? I've heard khajiit , imperial or bosmer are the best but I don't really know. Again this is strictly PVP.
    For strictly PvP, Khajiit isn't really optimal, since most players run Impenetrable on most of their armor sets, thus negating the Khajiit passive crit bonus. However, that doesn't mean that Khajiits are useless in PvP, since they do have their regen and sneak attack bonuses.

For PvP, the optimal races are primarily Imperial and Redguard; Imperial for a huge chunk of extra health, and Redguard for unparalleled stamina sustain.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on November 10, 2016 3:47PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2W is bad in PvP, especially for DK, because compared to NB the class has no execute, no gap closer and no cheap spammable, just DoTs. You should switch to 2H/Bow (burst) or 2H/1H+S (tanky) approaches.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What faction and platform do you play?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice has nothing to do with builds, skills, gear or the like.

I am not, nor have I ever been, an accomplished embodiment of some digital grim reaper, stealthing along the edges of battle like the hand of fate, ready to send scores of lesser foes to the bits and bytes hereafter. I play the core game of taking resources and keeps and always do so in groups.

I'll just give you my S.O.P.

1. Find a group. If your guild(s) have no expeditionary forces in Cyrodiil when you feel like going, find a group anyway.

It's easy. Head toward the most prominent conflict point (the map will show you), get on /zone, and ask to group. If one is offering a voice server too, choose that one. Yes, this last bit happens.

2. Follow the crown. There is NO WAY you're going to immediately "get" the flow of battle in that massive, open world combat zone. Good group leaders have developed those senses. The most important of those senses: when to hold and when to push.

3. Find a different crown to follow if your group is wiping constantly without any success.

ESO is two very different games: a painfully, agonizingly controlled and restricted PvE game, rigidly instanced. And an open world game that, at first, pure chaos.

In short, I believe that if you develop your situational awareness first the next steps will make MUCH more sense.
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys so much for all the info.

So for a stam nb what are the best weapons? 2h with bow? dualwield with bow? And the best race? I've heard khajiit , imperial or bosmer are the best but I don't really know. Again this is strictly PVP. I don't like one handed and shield I won't use it lol.

And a question about the skill points reset. Let's say I reset my skill point and I have morphed abilities, do they go back to the normal ability at rank IV or at rank I or how does it work? So I get the skill point I used for the morph back too? It's a bit confusing.

Thank you all for your time.

@Rezk For stamblade, you might want to use dual wield and 2h on off-bar for rally (very good heal+damage buff), or 2h + bow, depending on your playstyle. For race, I'd say Bosmer is the best since it has the most stamina regen and the same damage from stealth passive as Khajiit. But then again, just pick whichever race you prefer. Mine was Khajiit, which while good in PvE, is subpar in PvP, but cats are cute, so I rolled that.

When you reset your skill points, you gain back the skill point initially used to reset the skill AND the skill point used to morph it. If you just want to reset the morphs, then you will only gain back the points used to morph the skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFkElObBy9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzmQKrkwVGE

Here, hopefully these build videos will be useful to you. They're from good players on PC EU. Well, good is relative, but if you want my humble opinion, they are worth it.
    @Nafirian @crusnik91
    Options
  • Rezk
    Rezk
    Soul Shriven
    Huge thanks to everyone helping me out here. So the way to go is bosmer nb with 2h/dual wield and bow from what i've gathered from you guys. Despite that i'll go with khajiit cuz I think they're funnier too.

For the guy asking about the platform I am on PC EU and my dk is in DC and my newly created nb thanks to you guys is in AD.

Another thing if I may, I bought the gold edition and i got all dlc but i can't use imperial race. Don't you get it with gold edition?

Thank you all for your time
    Options