Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do I get a spell/weapon-damage-increase-buff, when inside a dungeon with other players?

Xandryah
Xandryah
✭✭✭
Do I get a spell/weapon-damage-increase-buff, when inside a dungeon with other players?

I have noticed that inside a dungeon after group finder, my spell-damage on the character sheet is substantially higher compared to when i'm exploring around in Tamriel. Is this normal and a courtesy-buff for all players in the dungeon? Is it a bolster like there is in astor?

Thank you for your response.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several skills and armor sets which boost the Spell Damage of others in a dungeon. For example, my Sorcerer can boost Spell Damage when he heals players who are already at 100% health while wearing his Spell Power Cure set. (It's a 50% chance for the buff to occur.) My Dragonknight can grant the Major Sorcery buff to give allies 20% extra Spell Damage by using the ability Molten Weapons or one of its morphs. My Templar can grant the Minor Sorcery buff to give allies 5% extra Spell Damage due to his Illuminate passive, which activates by casting any ability in the Dawn's Wrath line.

Many Healers do their best to buff others' Spell and Weapon Damage to improve the group's DPS.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    I do get a substantial spell-damage-increase right at the beginning of every normal dungeon i do, even if i'm solo-ing them. So, it's not another player's group-buff that it's improving my stats.

I would love to read some official response, if possible... it does not have to be long. Thank you.
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    There are several skills and armor sets which boost the Spell Damage of others in a dungeon. For example, my Sorcerer can boost Spell Damage when he heals players who are already at 100% health while wearing his Spell Power Cure set. (It's a 50% chance for the buff to occur.) My Dragonknight can grant the Major Sorcery buff to give allies 20% extra Spell Damage by using the ability Molten Weapons or one of its morphs. My Templar can grant the Minor Sorcery buff to give allies 5% extra Spell Damage due to his Illuminate passive, which activates by casting any ability in the Dawn's Wrath line.

Many Healers do their best to buff others' Spell and Weapon Damage to improve the group's DPS.

Thank you for your time and effort to try to help me, but sometimes i do normal dungeons on my own and so it can't be explained by another player's group-buff. Have fun, thanks again...
  • KranderH
    KranderH
    ✭✭
    It might be a UI bug... Bugs ohohoohoo love'm

Edit: on a sidenote, it also happends when you switch out gear, skills and other stat-related stuff. Bar swapping usually fixes it.
    Edited by KranderH on November 10, 2016 7:53AM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandryah wrote: »

I have noticed that inside a dungeon after group finder, my spell-damage on the character sheet is substantially higher compared to when i'm exploring around in Tamriel. Is this normal and a courtesy-buff for all players in the dungeon? Is it a bolster like there is in astor?

Thank you for your response.

from these patch notes, PC/Mac 2.2.5:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2429851#Comment_2429851
    page #3:

"Increased the strength of the buff you receive when you are low-level and use the Grouping Tool for random matchmaking. You will now receive a 25% bonus to Weapon and Spell Damage, increased from 15%".

It should only happen if you are a low level player (<50)
    But I heard there was a bug that also lvl 50 players got this 25%.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU