The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add-On Hub Inconsistency

Preyfar
Preyfar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
S8on0n3.png
Would there be any way we could get a simple, consistent add-on hub in-game for ESO? Right now, there's the potential for four (or more!) "add-on" categories in-game depending on which add-ons you may have installed. I've got Addons, Add-Ons, Add-Ons and Shissu's AddOns. There should be a consistent add-on hub that offers add-ons AND add-on settings in a simple way. Right now, "add-ons" is the official in-game term, but every most add-ons are lumped under "addons". Others are elsewhere. Addon vs AddOn vs Add-On. Seems, I dunno... unnecessary.

This is a minor issue, I admit, but it's annoying when you're trying to look up a setting and need to remind yourself which of the four tabs it MAY be under. Again, not a big deal, but it's a really odd inconsistency. I think it may be easier just to have "Add-Ons" as a standard, with a tab for "Add-On Settings" and "Toggle Add-Ons" to put everything in a central place.
Edited by Preyfar on November 9, 2016 4:41PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is on the add-ons not ZOS. Some addon authors just do their own thing.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, and I totally understand that, but there should still be some sort of general consistency to it.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yep, and I totally understand that, but there should still be some sort of general consistency to it.

There is supposed to be general consistency to it. There is an accepted way to do menus in the add-on community and even a lib(http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html)for it but some authors don't do it and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

Also, many add-ons are abandoned or only maintained(kept functioning at a minimum), so there isn't anyone to fix/update the menus.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 9, 2016 7:39PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

This is what happens when you have the player complete the UI build out.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Preyfar which add-ons are in which section? I know there's a Harven's to LAM adapter which will move all of Harven's add-ons into LAM, then I guess someone would need to ask Shissu to put all of "Shissu's AddOns" in there too.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to ADD-ONS & UI MODS
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post