Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guilds are at it again... and STILL cheating on traders.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
The current guild trader (Faedre) in Daggerfall changed hands after a fake guild purchased the trader and disbanded. The guild that currently has that trader is famous for fake bidding and creating fake guilds. Zenimax, can we please STOP the allowing of disbanding guilds and make it so that guild traders are LOCKED for the week if a guild disbands??? This is just disgusting that nothing is being done about it.

Murgoz trader in Daggerfall ALSO was purchased by a fake guild and that one was actually SOLD online to the highest bidder (real cash). This abhorrent. Do something NOW!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened this week with those traders.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    May I ask more detail about this if you got time? What is a "fake" guild and bid, and how do you know? What benefit do they get from disbanding it in this case?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I ask more detail about this if you got time? What is a "fake" guild and bid, and how do you know? What benefit do they get from disbanding it in this case?

fake guild is a small guild created by a large guild with lot of gold, they buy the trader, but the guild who owns it has no listing - so the reason is just to block that spot from other guilds to get it.

that part about disbanding guild I do not understand either. but I suppose the OP means, that the big guild every week creates a new small fake guild, and disbands the previous fake guild, to not look suspicious

@ZOS_GinaBruno there should be some mechanism to prevent this!!! @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... this isn't quite accurate...

There are two types of "fake guild" and the reasons behind them are similar.

The fake guild has 50 members (randomly added or multiple PSNs). And that allows them to bid on guild traders. Once they win the guild trader they will DISBAND the guild at a time of their choosing, and this makes the guild trader available for purchase for 10k gold (used to be 100 gold).

The two reasons for this happening are thus...

1) The fake guild is disbanded and then a bigger guild comes in and takes the trader for 10k immediately because they failed in their bid that week somewhere else (usually happens with big trading alliances).

2) The fake guild is disbanded once the guild trader has been advertised as "for sale" on various websites for either in-game gold, or REAL money (I've seen them sold for $150-200 per week).

Yup... crazy huh? And Zenimax are still continuing and not listening to us about forcing disbanded guilds to make that trader UNAVAILABLE for the rest of the week. It would put an end to this shenanigans.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And once again... we see the same "Mafia" taking over those traders after fake guilds snagged them in Daggerfall once more... When is this nonsense going to be dealt with? Or is the selling of traders now "allowed" by Zenimax??? Seems like after over a year of this that Zenimax are okay with it... newsflash - trading in game items for real money is against Sony's terms of service... this is why Sony don't trust people with game mods... because they know the software companies can't keep their own houses clean.