The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gear for healer

ombyoureaninja
Hello.

I'm a templar healer, and currently CP 285. I'm not saying no to spell power cure gear, however what are some other good options for healers currently? I'm finding either really old information or finding some really insane opinions. Very conflicting...

Cheers!
It's better to be a beautiful memory, rather than a pitiful reality.

[Argonian ~ Aldmeri Dominion ~ Templar]

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shroud of the Lich set and Worm Raiment set are very good for healers.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • ombyoureaninja
    I currently have warlock and healer's habit. Opinions on this?

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are dedicated Healer Sets out there, anything that can benefit a Caster can work for a Healer. A lot of the good healer stuff is locked behind more difficult content, like Spell Power Cure at White Gold Tower. Not that you can't get the stuff with some effort, its just nice to have some thing to use in the meantime. Especially if Traits are important to you on your gear. Then you can craft or have crafted a set that can hold you over until you get something else.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    5x SPC is BiS base healer set, everything is based off of this
    if you're having trouble in vWGT you can always farm it in normal (I actually reccommend normal as it's much faster)

as for your other 6 pieces you can do (from best to worst):
    5x IA, 1x MA/Master resto
    3x IA, 3x WP
    3x WP, 3x w/e you like

now i'm not saying healer and warlock aren't good, theyre just not the best
    you should be able to use your healer/warlock to farm up the 5x SPC and then move onto normal trials to get the IA
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're really interested in SPC and have trouble finding a farm group you can always farm key shards in IC/sewers if that's within your comfort zone.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • ombyoureaninja
    Thanks guys. I really, REALLY want the master restro staff from vDragonstar, but having difficulty finding anyone wanting to do it. Maybe some day :blush:

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I've been trying out; Worm's Raiment 5/5 (-5% Magicka Cost) and Sanctuary 5/5 (+12% healing for group) sets. And they seem very nice.
    Noted that Sanctuary works well for a relatively static, close, or well working group (e.g. one that keeps together so the +12% healing applies). If everyone's spread out or jumping about like nutters iin combat you'd be better served perhaps using a different set. At least that's my thinking. Similar goes for such skills like Combat Healing, as oppsed to Breath or Life etc etc.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3A4iALQLU

Hodor 2nd group healer, up to date for One Tamriel, also getting my seal of approval :3
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that a good alternative to Worm is Combat Physician. Gives an 8k damage shield for 6 seconds on each critical heal (which actually heals damage - does not proc when ally is at full health), cooldown 6 seconds. You can easily farm it in Wayrest Sewers.

I'm currently using it together with SPC on my templar.
    Edited by Loc2262 on November 9, 2016 2:58PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • ombyoureaninja
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I found that a good alternative to Worm is Combat Physician. Gives an 8k damage shield for 6 seconds on each critical heal (which actually heals damage - does not proc when ally is at full health), cooldown 6 seconds. You can easily farm it in Wayrest Sewers.

I'm currently using it together with SPC on my templar.

Interesting. First time I've seen this recommended.

Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also you wanna ask yourself what type of heals you wanna be, and what situations. i have 2 templar healers each utilizing different strategies. i also am not a fan of staffs, so i focus on dw heals which i can customize bar as i need to and dont need to heavy attack. that though is again part of what type of heals you wanna be.

templar 1: crit healer.

5p twice born star (thief/attronach)
    2p monster set whichever you like just remember if it procs of damage you gonna have to keep dots up on top of healing

2 options:
    dw: mothers sorrow (crit based healing is RMS heal build)
    staff: maelstrom bar and master staff (maelstrom hots, master heal springs bar), willpower jewelry.

this build is a rms build, so your power wont be as high as someone who focus' on raw power but it will still be just as effective (with willpower you can still get 70% crit which is still fairly nice for RMS). in a raid group your role is more direct healing i.e. healing springs, repentance ect.

templar 2: regen healer

5p kagrenac's hope
    2p monster set
    staff: maelstrom/master with willpower
    dw: PvP transmutation, PvE spc, the 12% group heal buff set, or any other set that works with a team from healer aspect that you can get in jewelry/weapons/belt/gloves.

this build is probably one of the more costly builds for healers as you will probably need to change the 2nd 5p depending on group needs as its more of a pvp focused build. faster team reviving plus focus on buffing regen as high as possible to support casting of high cost heals like purge, ball of healing, breathe of life at a higher rate of cast then other builds.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    Options