Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Farming mats in one tamriel

tailedfox
tailedfox
I love the one tamriel update but one down side I've noticed is that most of the farming places are full or are being used by multiple people from different alliances. I tried farming wax but people in those areas weren't inviting other people to groups or other players messed with the spawning of the animals so it was all messed up. For temps, literally everyone is farming them in all the locations I go and there's no ore to collect.

One option maybe you guys can add is maybe have our hirelings send us more things? Or add more resources to different places on each map? It'll be very helpful. It's just been sort of difficult to make any gold lately
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    they should just make spawn rates increase the higher the population of a zone.

Or Once population reaches a certain threshold it unlocks new spawn spots for the same mats
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Or once you reach a stack (200), your not able to continue farming that node type
    l PaleAle l
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    budrow wrote: »
    Or once you reach a stack (200), your not able to continue farming that node type

What? Are you trolling? I have stacks of most of the mats and reagents, and I still get them.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on November 8, 2016 3:44PM
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭

of course my 2.2k Rubedite ingots are some glitch in the matrix apparently

• budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

What? Are you trolling? I have stacks of most of the mats and reagents, and I still get them.

Haha I was offering an option to limit the amount of raw mats so that others can have some as well. The reason I started the sentence with Or, which mirrored the above post offering an option which you have not. I think your trolling

Edited to add quote
    Edited by budrow on November 8, 2016 6:27PM
    l PaleAle l
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Solus wrote: »

You make no sense talking about refined materials
    l PaleAle l
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Haha I was offering an option to limit the amount of raw mats so that others can have some as well. The reason I started the sentence with Or, which mirrored the above post offering an option which you have not. I think your trolling

Edited to add quote

No trolling, I thought you were saying you can't have more than 200. My bad I missed the OR part. The only problem with the 1 stack limit is you way more than that to craft 160 gear. It would suck having to go to a crafting station every time to refine 1 stack of raw mats.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point, I was just suggesting that cap so that you would need to stop farming and go refine potentially allowing others to get access to those nodes. For me it hasn't been too much of a problem, I've found a good spot it seems most have left alone. I'm on Xbox so I know the pc players have it rough with bots running around on script.

l PaleAle l
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solus wrote: »

You make no sense talking about refined materials

EDIT: i completely read over the "Or" as well. Im on PC and i dont have any issues with the lack of nodes. If i do, i go to the opposite end of the map, or i do something else and wait for it to get later in the day.

If you live on the west coast you get it easier. if you play @ 12am its like what 4 eastern time? most of those people are sleeping. If you live on the east coast then you're SOL because you're competing with everyone and there isnt a cut off time for people going to sleep like us on the west coast experience.

I see your point, I was just suggesting that cap so that you would need to stop farming and go refine potentially allowing others to get access to those nodes. For me it hasn't been too much of a problem, I've found a good spot it seems most have left alone. I'm on Xbox so I know the pc players have it rough with bots running around on script.

I have yet to see a bot, and there is an anti-cheat program that launches with the ESO program. If someone tampers with this, or uses any program that is on a list, their account is perma-banned. I knew someone whos account was banned because he OPENED a cheat software. Didnt even use it.

There was a post recently that someone was having issues with people botting, but that was on PS4, not PC.
    Edited by Solus on November 8, 2016 9:24PM

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah haven't seen anything on xbox as far as bots. I farm usually early on weekends so competition is fairly low for a few hours. If i just happen across nodes I picked them up. The trolls are real though. I been running a new toon picking up everything as I go. I'm just not gonna sprint to every node when there are so many out there.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Improved spawn rates could be could, especially on console where we don't have the bot issue. I hate farming so would probably still buy mats I am short of.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rate isn't too bad in my opnion, I have seveal routes I use for different mats that I have timed pretty well atm. Alchemy mats are hit and miss, with so many different reagents it's hard to farm one type only, and they don't stick to one particular node. May be cornflower once and columbine the next time, so yeah that part sucks.
  • tailedfox
    tailedfox
    Another solution I had for ore or wood was maybe for example after a blue player collects the ore the ore is still there for a red or yellow player to collect but not for another blue player. Just so it'll be easier to farm yknow? It's not too bad on Xbox but there's just times when multiple people on the same island or area are farming and the area gets dried of it's resources quickly and people are literally racing to get ore before the other lol
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it sad when I first started I thought the hireling was an npc that physically farmed mats for you?
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Or they could allow phased farming, similar to how they have dig sites.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.