Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why don't recipes and motifs stack?

disintegr8
disintegr8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since they have now made survey writs stack in your bank and inventory, I would like ZOS to do the same with recipes and crafting motifs. With the influx of new sets in the game, it would help some of us suffering from inventory management issues if the 'paper' items would stack.

While they are at it, the same could also be done for treasure maps.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who stacks "paper" items? All the sheets of paper I have around my house are all laid out side by side.

#logic
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it would make sense
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i cook all the time and i can attest that 100 servings of roasted meat packaged for travel does indeed take less space than two paper copies of the recipe it takes to make them.

yes, talks when drunk got out today.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, I've always wondered this too. It can't be that difficult to add this to a future patch, can it?
    Halcyon Black
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally, this lack of stacking is not an issue, how often do we really have multiple copies of a bunch of recipes or Motifs? However, events like the one we are in, or just finished, certainly tax the storage systems in the game.

For the record, I think they should stack also, but I also don't see this as critical as eradicating the Prosperous Trait from the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Normally, this lack of stacking is not an issue, how often do we really have multiple copies of a bunch of recipes or Motifs? However, events like the one we are in, or just finished, certainly tax the storage systems in the game.

For the record, I think they should stack also, but I also don't see this as critical as eradicating the Prosperous Trait from the game.

No disagreement - although running 12 provisioning writs a day... those recipes stack up.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    No disagreement - although running 12 provisioning writs a day... those recipes stack up.

How do you get your recipes to stack up?
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I have just about every treasure map you can have in game.. from farming treasure chests and thieves troves. I would love to have maps stack. Ive just been selling the motifs to my porta-merchant tbh. The only thing worth keeping extras of are the masks/ Bloody maras.
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Could not have said it better myself, and lets be honest ZoS are not particularly great on common sense stuff, even years later.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »

Could not have said it better myself, and lets be honest ZoS are not particularly great on common sense stuff, even years later.

Apparently the beta testers said that their coding would cause lag during PVP because of the way the packets are some P2P system..

Here we are three years later, Cyro w/ bad lag.
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stupid thing is that the last patch introduced survey map stacking while halving the number of survey maps you actually get. Maybe treasure maps, recipes and motifs will also start stacking when they halve the drop rate so will hardly ever stack them.

Anyone who runs, or plans to run multiple characters, and wants to bank these items so their alts can learn them, would benefit from this stacking. Also if you sell them in guild traders, you want to hang on to extras so you can sell 1 or 2 at a time if you have several, or need to wait until you have free sales slots.

I try and hang on to copies of motifs so I can give or trade them with friends, guildmates, etc. My treasure maps get stored so I can spend a couple of hours collecting all of them with the one character when I can't be bothered with anything else. I cannot even have two the same in my player inventory or in the bank as they are a unique item.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.