Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cadwell's Silver

saremun
saremun
✭✭
Hi everyone!

Iam a new player who enjoys/loves this game but i seem to have a problem, i finished the Main story quests but now iam stuck in this Cadwell's Silver quest where i have to experience The Pact alliance even though i don't really want to because i want to do that with other characters from the other alliances so

1.Is there a way for me to skip this main story of Cadwell?

2.Iam lvl 20 Champion(don't really understand what that means tbh) but can i level to max in any other means?

3.Can i do the rest of the content like quests from DLCs and expansions with out the need to finish Cadwell's quest?

Please help me because iam at the point of burning out of this game loosing my passion for it!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always run through the Pact story line on your Pact character and take a break from your Dominion one doing it for Silver? That's what I did. But to answer your questions:

1. You don't have to do Cadwell's Silver if you don't want to, but there's no way to get rid of it in your quest log. Doing Cadwell's Silver and Gold will grant you vanity rewards (a motif and a hat) and allow you to complete the other factions' achievements, but it is not essential to complete.

2. You can level champion points up by playing any content in the game which grants experience such as dungeons, DLCs, PvP, and Craglorn.

3. Yes, the DLCs can be done before Cadwell's. The only difference is you may get a little bit of extra dialogue from certain NPCs in the DLCs if you did Cadwell's Silver or Gold and met them through that (e.g. If an NPC from the Covenant zones turns up in a DLC and you haven't done their quests in Cadwell's Gold they won't recognise you; but if you have done their quests in Gold they will). DLCs don't lock you out if you haven't done certain content, you could jump right into a DLC from the Wailing Prison if you wanted to.

Hope that helps! :)
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • saremun
    saremun
    ✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    You could always run through the Pact story line on your Pact character and take a break from your Dominion one doing it for Silver? That's what I did. But to answer your questions:

1. You don't have to do Cadwell's Silver if you don't want to, but there's no way to get rid of it in your quest log. Doing Cadwell's Silver and Gold will grant you vanity rewards (a motif and a hat) and allow you to complete the other factions' achievements, but it is not essential to complete.

2. You can level champion points up by playing any content in the game which grants experience such as dungeons, DLCs, PvP, and Craglorn.

3. Yes, the DLCs can be done before Cadwell's. The only difference is you may get a little bit of extra dialogue from certain NPCs in the DLCs if you did Cadwell's Silver or Gold and met them through that (e.g. If an NPC from the Covenant zones turns up in a DLC and you haven't done their quests in Cadwell's Gold they won't recognise you; but if you have done their quests in Gold they will). DLCs don't lock you out if you haven't done certain content, you could jump right into a DLC from the Wailing Prison if you wanted to.

Hope that helps! :)

Thank you very very much for taking the time to answer my questions!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem :). I hope your enjoyment for the game comes back!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I finished the AD questline I was thinking I didn't want to do the Pact either. But now that I am nearly finished (just trying to camp the giants until some nice helper comes along) I am glad that I did. Other than Stonefalls which I think is the worst zone in the game its a good experience both for the completion achievements and the progression, especially Eastmarch and the rift.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    You don't have to do Cadwell's Silver if you don't want to, but there's no way to get rid of it in your quest log.

I really wish they'd change this. I've done it twice now and have no interest in doing it again, but there it sits in all my alts' quest logs, taunting me ... :|

• SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Please ( I know its wrong to ask this here, but forgive me as I am so fed up with this quest and myself ) but has anyone done the quest where sheogorath has you doing his bidding and you have to kill the Mayor Alduin, has anyone completed this because I just cannot kill him

My apologies, move this to where it should be posted.

With Respect
    sallee
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can now travel over to another factions quest zones, how does One Tamriel affect the Cadwell Silver and Gold quests?
    Like for example, what if decide to level up my daggerfall character in the pact zones.
    Will I have to do the pact zones a second time over again when I do Cadwell Silver?
    Is it best to not do other faction zones to avoid having to do them a second time?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Since you can now travel over to another factions quest zones, how does One Tamriel affect the Cadwell Silver and Gold quests?
    Like for example, what if decide to level up my daggerfall character in the pact zones.
    Will I have to do the pact zones a second time over again when I do Cadwell Silver?
    Is it best to not do other faction zones to avoid having to do them a second time?
    @Myyth When you get around to Cadwell's Silver, the checklist will have ticked off all the ones you've already done. So if you're a DC character and go to level up by doing all the AD quests, when you get Cadwell's Silver, it will already be completed and you'll just have to turn it in. (AD is DC's Silver, EP is DC's Gold.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SALLEE wrote: »
    Please ( I know its wrong to ask this here, but forgive me as I am so fed up with this quest and myself ) but has anyone done the quest where sheogorath has you doing his bidding and you have to kill the Mayor Alduin, has anyone completed this because I just cannot kill him

My apologies, move this to where it should be posted.

With Respect
    sallee

You do not have to kill him, you can get him to go and live on the shivering isles with Sheogorath. However if you have already chosen the option to kill him, you will probably have to redo the quest.

Hope this helps
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    If you do cadwells silver (I think, or it may be gold) you get Soul Shriven style and its cool looking on weapons. I found that the only reason in doing Cadwell. That and quests make you level your CP faster, so its quite useful
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    Wise_Will

Thank you for your answer which was invaluable to me , have now completed quest thank you so much

With Respect

sallee