The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Wanna be a badass?

EnglishNorwegian
The game must have capes. For whatever reason, there are no capes. And EVERYONE looks better in capes. Mages, warriors, thieves, you name it. Want capes? Comments below!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never watched the Incredibles .
  • EnglishNorwegian
    XD Why you gotta say that? I still want capes.

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, would cause horrific lag.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A loose hanging piece of cloth attached to a moving object is incredibly difficult to animate properly. It was fine in older games where they could get away with it looking like a sheet of cardboard taped to your shoulders but in modern games it would either look terrible or add a lot of complicated animations which would cause lag (especially if a lot of people were wearing them in the same place).

And to be honest I just don't see the appeal. Yes ok it'd be another option for how to dress your character but I don't understand why some people seem to think a sheet of cloth on your back is the greatest invention before sliced bread.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    A loose hanging piece of cloth attached to a moving object is incredibly difficult to animate properly. It was fine in older games where they could get away with it looking like a sheet of cardboard taped to your shoulders but in modern games it would either look terrible or add a lot of complicated animations which would cause lag (especially if a lot of people were wearing them in the same place).

And to be honest I just don't see the appeal. Yes ok it'd be another option for how to dress your character but I don't understand why some people seem to think a sheet of cloth on your back is the greatest invention before sliced bread.

Battlefield 1 has them too and they look glorious.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, capes do not equal badass.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding an equip slot is not addon related.

Add this kind of thing comes generally with a big update. Having 1 more item weared is a big improvment in terms of itemization (1 set slot + few stats, maybe armor, etc)/ After there will be capes problem to animate in order to make them realistic and texturing, dyeing, etc..
    Edited by Ayantir on November 6, 2016 9:29PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil