The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In addition to getting more traditional hair colors...can we get some "exotic" colors too?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get some non-standard hair colors too? I know people going around with pink, green or even blue hair won't be very lore-friendly....but I think that can be overlooked considering we can dye our armor every color under the sun.

If we can dye our armor all these bizarre colors, we should also be able to change our hair to any of these colors too.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame Red please B)
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hair dyes in general would be nice. Most online games have 'em.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could finally get around to making a Bulma character :D
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they would do that as it would be rather out of character for an Elder Scrolls Game.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they would do that as it would be rather out of character for an Elder Scrolls Game.

Okay but consider Oblivion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEavARJOptg

Seriously though, I would prefer to keep super bright colors away. But hey, if I have to accept that so I can have a simple black for my Altmer, then I'm ready to compromise.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was about to tag @Abeille but I see you already found your way here lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Was about to tag @Abeille but I see you already found your way here lol

If you say "hair" and "color" on the same post, you summon me :P
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Okay but consider Oblivion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEavARJOptg

Seriously though, I would prefer to keep super bright colors away. But hey, if I have to accept that so I can have a simple black for my Altmer, then I'm ready to compromise.

Definitely agree on the whole "black hair for Altmer" thing. It seems like something that should've been in the game to begin with.

I've always wanted to make a character with dark blue hair, but considering most/all of it is going to be covered by my helmet, it's not going to be as noticeable to players around me.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the immersion ship already sailed when they started letting us for our gear bright pink.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some non-standard hair colors too? I know people going around with pink, green or even blue hair won't be very lore-friendly....

There's more than just lore to consider.

Part of what I like about ESO is its Elder Scrolls visual style. No silly chainmail bikinis. No boobs practically bursting out of costumes. Weapons aren't ridiculously oversized. It's all very tasteful.

Introduce unrealistic hair colours and that's compromised.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Part of what I like about ESO is its Elder Scrolls visual style. No silly chainmail bikinis. No boobs practically bursting out of costumes. Weapons aren't ridiculously oversized. It's all very tasteful.

Introduce unrealistic hair colours and that's compromised.

Have you seen the lurid shades we can dye our armor now? Or some of the costumes they've had in the store already? At this point in time, I don't think immersion and style are valid arguments against pink hair. Of course it's still open to debate whether or not that's a good thing. ;)

Edited by adriant1978 on October 31, 2016 11:12AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get some non-standard hair colors too? I know people going around with pink, green or even blue hair won't be very lore-friendly....but I think that can be overlooked considering we can dye our armor every color under the sun.

If we can dye our armor all these bizarre colors, we should also be able to change our hair to any of these colors too.

yes please!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100% YES!

I have purple hair in real life. Does that make me not lore friendly for the RL game? :P
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    100% YES!

I have purple hair in real life. Does that make me not lore friendly for the RL game? :P

Yes. I'm filing a bug report right now.

Seriously though, hair dyes are a thing that exist. And it existed for a long, long time. You will find them on many fantasy settings, because if you can dye clothes there is no reason for you not to be able to dye hair. The first example that came to my mind regarding colorful dyed hair in a fantasy setting is in A Song of Ice And Fire: Wyman Manderly's younger granddaughter Wylla dyes her hair a "garish green".

Personally, I am not a fan of bright colors. But that goes for clothes too, and you won't find me complaining about people dyeing their armor bright pink.

Meet my characters:

• Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I'd settle for having the same color choices as NPCs. Why do Razum-Dar and other misc Khajiiti get red hair, but my character can't? What about a Crown Store bundle that adds all available colors to every race, like the hairstyle and adornment pack? That way races such as Altmer can have access to black hair.
  • SunnyToday
    SunnyToday
    Soul Shriven
    I agree that going towards colors such as blue, green, and pink might not be typically Elder-Scroll-ish how about just the normal range of colors you see in real hair color for all race? I would like my Altmer to have red hair yet that is not an option.
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Black haired Altmers deserve their chance to shine!!
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    100% YES!

Agreed.
    Also, purple dye seems to exist in TESO world, at least its available for bretons and wood elves. :)
    So why cant we use if for other races? And some npcs have hair colors that are unavailable for playable characters, for example, an altmer banker in Auridon has black hair.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad so many people realized the importance of adding black hair for Altmer <3

Meet my characters:

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to make a character with dark blue hair, but considering most/all of it is going to be covered by my helmet, it's not going to be as noticeable to players around me.

@Azurephoenix999 You can hide your helmet, it's a toggled setting. After Orsinium and prior to them getting rid of the ugly Xivkyn Bound Armor look, that was the preferred way to hide it--put on Vosh Rahk mask (which as a costume hid the armor) + hide helmet -> you could see everything you were wearing but your headgear.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.