Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How does this Guild Trading Post thing work?

jonzhao68
jonzhao68
✭✭
So as a new player I have left the Dominion's starter island zone and have come to my first real city. I notice an icon on my map that in other games would represent a trading post. When I go up to it, I notice it is a guild trading post. So at this point I'm a little confused because I am definitely not in a guild, so how am I seeing these items this guild is selling?

Looking around on the forums I have also seen some mentions of guilds hiring these trading posts to sell their wares. Well now at this point I am very interested because this is a completely new concept to me.

So just wondering, can someone explain to me how this process works? Are there general trading posts at all in the game or are they all ran by guilds? Can just any guild take the trading post, or is there some sort of special requirements? How long does that guild get the trading post? Most importantly, since the trading post is ran by guilds, how can I be sure that I'm getting a fair deal?

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guild that has more than 50 Members (50 or more actually) can have a Guild Store where they can sell to other Guild Members. Guilds with a Store can also bid on Guild Kiosks to sell to the general public or people not in your guild. Kiosks can go for as little as 10,000 gold for the week, or as much as multiple millions a week.

As for item pricing, it can be all over the place, but some attention to detail will quickly give you an idea of what things sell for most times (remember, things can be listed high but that does not mean they sell for that high price). If your on PC, there are some addons that help with Pricing information. If your in a guild, you can look at the store history to see what things sell for.

Thing is, one trading hub that has 5 to 8 Kiosks will have just about everything you need to buy, other than the super rare items and the bargains. So, you don't need to go shopping all over the game to find stuff in most cases. Add in the guilds you are in and their stores, then anything you need in the game that is not super rare is available.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    I can partially answer your question.

Instead of a single auction house for the whole server, ESO has guild trading posts where anyone that's in the guild can sell their stuff. If you're not in the guild, you can buy but not sell if you find their store. (I think they rent that spot)

How do you know the prices are fair? Well, you can get this addon and check them for yourself: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info928-MasterMerchant.html

Guilds don't do some kinda organized price fixing or charge weird prices because there's so much competition it'd be hard to pull off. Just check out a few stores and buy from the cheapest one.

If you join a guild, you'll have access to buying and selling at their store from your bank. You can join up to 5 guilds. "trade guilds" specialize in buy and selling stuff.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know the prices are fair? Well, you can get this addon and check them for yourself: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info928-MasterMerchant.html

Just to note, Master Merchant is a great addon, but it will not do much for you unless you are in a trading guild that has a good volume of sales. Master Merchant only tracks sales made in your guild(s), so if your guild(s) don't have a trader or don't make frequent sales Master Merchant won't have much data to work with.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • jonzhao68
    jonzhao68
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. That's a pretty interesting system they have. And since I'm on PS4, no add-ons for me. But thanks or the info guys. Community has been really helpful so far.
    Edited by jonzhao68 on November 3, 2016 4:28PM