Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Valkyn Skoria and Destructive Ancestry

EldritchPenguin
EldritchPenguin
✭✭✭✭✭
Quick question: Does stuff like Valkyn Skoria and the fire damage from Sunderflame scale with the bonus to fire damage in the Dark Elf racial, or from CP?

I'm just asking because I had the dumb idea of doing a stamina Dark Elf, and was wondering if I could use these sets to actually make some use of the Dark Elf passives. I love my Dark Elves...
Edited by EldritchPenguin on November 3, 2016 4:48AM
Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade

Best Answer

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I happen to have made a stamina DK dunmer right before the change where the bonus to damage for elemental and magic damage was combined, and physical/poison/disease were combined. My dunmer stamDK uses Of the Fire and Red Mountain sets and I assure you that the damage boost is nice, but mostly because they do a crapload of damage. The bonus itself doesn't make up for the fact that I have no CP put into Elemental Expert for other fire stuff, so for instance I still use poison morphs of DK skills, poison enchants, etc. A lot of points into Thaumaturge.

Sunderflame doesn't do so terribly much fire damage but the armor reduction is nice. Skoria is almost certainly not going to be as good as some other monster set that is affected by Mighty, so anything doing Physical or Poison damage. The dunmer fire boost helps when you already know a stamina build is effectively using the fire proc anyway, like Red Mountain.
    Answer ✓