The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question concerning ESOimages and copyright

1derdude
1derdude
Soul Shriven
I am currently creating a website for my guild. I want to use an image of the Ouroboros and maybe the alliance banners.
I will not profit in any way from this website. Also, the images will just be used as background images.

1) I am wondering if anybody can tell me if ZOS would be okay with this.
2) If so, would ZOS like me to credit the img source in the html or is a more prevalent citation need?

Thank You,
the1derdude
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good question. I work at a design agency, so I deal with this issue, although I'm not able to speak specifically to ZoS's rules.

In my experience browsing many ESO sites and helping set up a few, zos hasn't objected to use of the sort of assets you've mentioned for non-profit fan sites. I've seen sites use artwork, screen captures, gameplay videos, armor and banner design, etc with little problem. I don't think they'd want you to use their logos, company or game. Check out sypher and deltias sites...that's a good representation of sites that haven't run into issues.
  • 1derdude
    1derdude
    Soul Shriven
    "davey1107 wrote: »
    In my experience browsing many ESO sites and helping set up a few, zos hasn't objected to use of the sort of assets you've mentioned for non-profit fan sites. I've seen sites use artwork, screen captures, gameplay videos, armor and banner design, etc with little problem. I don't think they'd want you to use their logos, company or game. Check out sypher and deltias sites...that's a good representation of sites that haven't run into issues.

Thank you very much for your response. That is good to know that these other people haven't had any issues with ZOS.

I have seen Sypher's And Deltia's sites in the past, but I didn't think to check their source for how they credit images. Thank you for that suggestion. I will do that