The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What set should I run for pvp dps magicka sorceror?

bigmanebiggu
Ok so I already know I definitely want to be running the molag kena set and the elegant set (both light armour) but I do not know what other set to pick, people either mostly recommend Law Of Julianos or Twice Born Star, people say good and bad for pvp.

I am running a 2 handed staff and dual wield elegant.

So my question ultimately is what other set do I run apart from Molag Kena and Elegant.

Thank you :)
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wouldn't run 2x kena in PvP since it's kinda difficult to proc since everyone's so dodgy and half the battle in PvP is sustain. It can work, though, so disregard if you like. 5 lich could synergize really well w/ your build. You won't always have overload(which I assume kena and elegant are for), and even when you do, you'll still blow through magic quickly casting wards, streaking, encasing, etc. The resource gains from lich could really end up saving you if you find yourself in a tight spot.Twice born star isn't really as useful in PvP, since the primary reason to use it is for the crit bonuses, which are often mitigated in PvP. It'll still help, but not as much as it would in PvE. Julianos is an excellent set, but it doesn't synergize well w/ kena. You'll have a lot of burst w/ the two, but you will run out of magic very quickly.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I already know I definitely want to be running the molag kena set and the elegant set (both light armour) but I do not know what other set to pick, people either mostly recommend Law Of Julianos or Twice Born Star, people say good and bad for pvp.

I am running a 2 handed staff and dual wield elegant.

So my question ultimately is what other set do I run apart from Molag Kena and Elegant.

Thank you :)

Running 2 pièces of molag kena is not viable/effective in PvP. You will be out of mana very quick, and OOM sorc is a dead sorc.

If you want to stack sustain for counter that negative effect, you will loose too much magicka and spell damage.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kena is good for pvp cqc and throwing OL bolts or other powerful spells into breaches or bridge chokepoints. Open world only a potato will let you land two light attacks and not figure out whats about to happen when u start glowing.

Make sure u have 5 elegant on both bars to boost the staff dmg if you can.

You need a plan "B" if your burst fails, be that lich, hiding, or streak outta there.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bigmanebiggu
    Thanks to all :)

Now I am being recommended to use dual wield and have 2 5piece, everyone is saying i should use spinners set now.

Good god all these sets are so confusing
  • oTheTownDrunk
    Im running Kragernac 5 piece, 1 Moleg Kena, 2 piece Lich (Helm and Staff), 3 peace Willpower and its working out well. 3 pieces are infused and the rest divine and all have magicka enchant. Also I find that im ok with ditching the 2 piece Lich and running Ilambris helm or even Valkyin Skoria helm if you want some more health.

5/1/1 Light Med heavy armor.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently running 2 skoria, 4 seducer and 5 spinners. Procing skoria with reach, entropy and heavy lightning as well as procs from boundless, eye of the storm and splash. Doesn't proc as often as on my templar which is pretty much on cool down but still procs frequently and when it does, and it's timed with an empowered frag, it's pretty brutal.
    Edited by Calboy on November 2, 2016 7:34PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 of some DPS set (Spinner, Julianos, Kagrenac, Sorrow, Netch, etc...)

5 of some sustain set (Warlock, Alteration Master, Lich, etc)

2 of any monster set (your personal preference).