Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Farming burning spellweave and silks of the sun..

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
Hi all,
I'm trying to farm these 2 sets but I don't seem to have any luck with it :disappointed:
I know silks drops in stonefalls but are there any bosses that are more inclined to drop them?
Same with burning spellweave, I know it drops in city of ash but I can never seem to get a necklace or weapons, only rings and a greatsword lol does it matter if it's CoA 1 or 2? I've mostly been doing 1, maybe the necklace drops only in 2?
Could someone please help me out :smile:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes already contain all the details you ask for:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3412914/#Comment_3412914
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3412914/#Comment_3412914

Actually that didn't help at all :tongue: I know that already just not if if makes a difference if you do ash 1 or 2.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it only affects the grade, you get 160 either way. The big difference is for jewelry, obviously, since you can't upgrade it.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

Actually that didn't help at all :tongue: I know that already just not if if makes a difference if you do ash 1 or 2.

If you had actually read those notes carefully you would have found out that jewelry and weapons only drop from the end boss of a dungeon. What you get is actually random. There are 12 possible weapons and the shield, and there's 2 jewels, ring and necklace. There are also 3 sets in each dungeon. The probability for drops is exactly the same for all sets and all slots. So the probability of getting what you want is 1/45, slightly more than 2%. The fact you have gotten rings and greatsword from the boss should tell you it's the right source, just you haven't been lucky yet.

From my experience I can also tell you that set pieces also drop from trash mobs, but the probability is very low - one of my Scathing Mage rings dropped from the trash pack just after the Overfiend in VICP. Set pieces also drop from dungeon chests. The higher the lock level, the higher the chance of getting a piece from one of those - found one of my Spell Power Cure rings in a master level locked chest mid way trough VWGT. Also had weapons drop from mobs in VCoA2 yesterday, but were mismatched sets. So in addition to farming the boss be sure to loot the mobs and keep an eye for chests.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, hopefully this will be an actual helpful answer rather than just telling you to go read the patch notes, which even I hate to do sometimes.

Here is more detailed info on Burning Spellweave in either CoA1 or 2:

sxEy1yt.jpg

This is detail to exactly where to farm Silks of the Sun and where to find each piece:

OwXiQbt.jpg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unique_Items

here's a list of specific boss items, they have a small chance to drop when you kill any of these guys, its the best way to farm specific pieces of a set
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

If you had actually read those notes carefully you would have found out that jewelry and weapons only drop from the end boss of a dungeon. What you get is actually random. There are 12 possible weapons and the shield, and there's 2 jewels, ring and necklace. There are also 3 sets in each dungeon. The probability for drops is exactly the same for all sets and all slots. So the probability of getting what you want is 1/45, slightly more than 2%. The fact you have gotten rings and greatsword from the boss should tell you it's the right source, just you haven't been lucky yet.

From my experience I can also tell you that set pieces also drop from trash mobs, but the probability is very low - one of my Scathing Mage rings dropped from the trash pack just after the Overfiend in VICP. Set pieces also drop from dungeon chests. The higher the lock level, the higher the chance of getting a piece from one of those - found one of my Spell Power Cure rings in a master level locked chest mid way trough VWGT. Also had weapons drop from mobs in VCoA2 yesterday, but were mismatched sets. So in addition to farming the boss be sure to loot the mobs and keep an eye for chests.

Once again the patch notes weren't helpful as I knew that already. My question was if the necklace maybe only dropped in 2 and rings in 1, the patch notes don't say anything about that. Thanks for the info that mobs can drop em too :smile:
    And a thanks to the rest of you, I'll just keep farming then.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im confused by treasure hunter perk and dolmen bosses, so it might make that green ring a blue one? What like 5% cuz I keep getting tons of green jewelry with the perk unlocked.

Also I had heard Hardmode would get better drops? I got the exact same as on non hardmode vet, laurel...

Can gold jewelry drop?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im confused by treasure hunter perk and dolmen bosses, so it might make that green ring a blue one? What like 5% cuz I keep getting tons of green jewelry with the perk unlocked.

Also I had heard Hardmode would get better drops? I got the exact same as on non hardmode vet, laurel...

Can gold jewelry drop?

Only in vet trial hard mode.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: