The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soulshine set for Templar

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you guys tell me if it is a waste of time farm this set for pvp or pve?

I think synergy very well with mostly Templar skills, I couldn't find too much info about this set on Templars and people experience.

Thank you!
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend uses it and his jabs are pretty deadly from what I hear now that he has the set.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • AltDeLeet
    AltDeLeet
    ✭✭
    I believe Soulshine boosts Jesus Beam and Soul Assault as well.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine does boost Radiant Destruction and Puncturing Sweep, but it won't show in Sweep's tooltip, which can be confusing.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you see if I put in my templar 2 sets of 5 pieces: Soulshine and Rattlecage
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the sound of that!
    PS4 EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's strong. I'm running 5 lich 5 soul shine 3 willpower(lich staff on back bar) and its got crazy damage and sustain.

I'm pretty sure 5 lich 5 soul shine 2 skoria/grothdarr is the meta magplar build ATM

Just checked stats, I'm at 38k mag 22k health and 2800 spell damage buffed(soul shine is on top of this, 3300 practical spell dam on sweeps, beam, and flare). With lich proc I'm over 4k regen
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 31, 2016 8:24PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    How do you see if I put in my templar 2 sets of 5 pieces: Soulshine and Rattlecage

I have a blazing shield build, I run 5x soulshine, 5x kags, 2x IG (swap monster sets depending on the situation) and I'm loving it.

Shield crits on players for 10k, IG throws mortars out constantly, running with 52k health (pvp) 2400 spell dmg, and 40% crit. I'm getting better at duels and pvp is still pvp. It's a work in progress but it's my favorite BS tank setup I've built so far.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with 5 TBS, 5 Soulshine and 2 Infallible Aether in main bar and 3 on the off-bar and I'm liking it.

Without much effort, with a half upgraded equipment and CP distribution under tweaking stage, I'm getting 28k damage. Emphasis on without much effort!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a few basic tests and found that soulshine increased my jab crits in PvE to 6k from 5k with major sorcery. I'm not awed by that given my 20% crit in PvP (Azura's).
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing with this set and rattle cage is,you need jewels and weps otherwise you lose out on the undaunted passives. I run rattlecage and tbs and it's OK.
  • AltDeLeet
    AltDeLeet
    ✭✭
    I run Rattlecage, Soulshine and Malubeth and I have no complaints. :)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adamanteum wrote: »
    I run Rattlecage, Soulshine and Malubeth and I have no complaints. :)

Yes, yes, and yes.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jesus beaming soul assaulting Templar are pretty in right now. Also, soulshine buffs dark flare I do believe?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus beaming soul assaulting Templar are pretty in right now. Also, soulshine buffs dark flare I do believe?

Yep.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Can you guys tell me if it is a waste of time farm this set for pvp or pve?

I think synergy very well with mostly Templar skills, I couldn't find too much info about this set on Templars and people experience.

Thank you!

I made a Health (blazing shield) Nord templar, something like 25/35 stats-wise, magicka/health.

So utter shite for DPS.

And yet with Soulshine and Cyrodiil's Light (using dual wield and sword and board) she completely wrecks non-endgame stuff. Probably more so than some of my other current experiments, just leveling her skills til she's ready to tank. Max CP, but still I'm shocked at how well it works.

I don't have the heart to put these sets on my magicka templar argonian. It just wouldn't be fair.
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running 5 rattle/5 kags/2 grothdaar....it works brilliantly.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine is my one of my fav sets in the game currently and is almost a must for magplar pvp builds.
    a few of my fav tested pvp setups:

1) 5 Soulshine, 5 transmute (SnB back bar to proc), 2 skoria, and 2 Sharp Willpower swords. Absolutely the best all around, with proper cp allotment and gold armor you can reach crit, spl, and physical resistance cap with good dmg and great support abilities.

2) 5 Soulshine, 5 spinner, 2 Skoria, powered masters lightning staff back bar. Straight cuts through armor...

3) 5 Soulshine, 5 lich(SnB back bar to proc), 2 Skoria, and 2 Sharp willpower Swords. Huge stats, awesome recov and dmg, but labor intensive to farm.

You can pretty much substitute Grothdar in for any build above and shine, I just prefer Skoria for burst potential and the lack of needing to be close to your opponent. Also, anything channeled or has a cast timer in the tooltip can be buffed by Soulshine.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."