Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea for 12-24 player PVP dungeons/battlefields.

Jimbullbee85
Jimbullbee85
✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone. I've been pondering an idea for something new to PVP because at the minute Cyrodil feels like an every man for themselves arena. I think we need something that will encourage guilds to be more competitive, effective and tighter. I would like to see some 12-24 player dungeons or battlefields on the same scale as trials but where players enter to fight against another alliance to complete a set goal in a set battlefield. These could be placed in key areas in Cyrodil such as the major cities, in each district, WGT, ICP, the sewers and even in delves such as Ayleid ruins or caves.

The idea would be that there is a particular area on the battlefield that each side is trying to claim because it holds a war asset that when captured and claimed would provide an advantage in the campaign for that alliance. For instance if the Pact wins the battle at Kvatch a very powerful battering ram spawns for them at the Morrowind gate. Each war asset can only be in use at one time and requires that guild to use it but if that asset is still located at its spawn then other alliances can attempt to win it by doing the group challenge. The asset resets if it is destroyed. I think this could make PVP more fun and competitive. What do you all think.
Edited by Jimbullbee85 on October 31, 2016 3:16PM
Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage

Idea for 12-24 player PVP dungeons/battlefields. 30 votes

Oh yes!
76%
vailjohn_ESOEnodocPhuzSotha_SilGhost-ShotKayrneMyerscodKafolarbearZepirothjonzhao68DurzoBlint13AriokoSanschwarzman1ZuumanWardaddyLucious90Anti_VirusJimbullbee85C0wrexTrublz 23 votes
I've got a better idea
3%
FLuFFyxMuFFiN 1 vote
Don't think it would work
20%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOkwisatzbinhoVifenQbikenTheImperfect 6 votes
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think it would work
    I´m in generall against "battlegrounds" since there´s a simple solution to that: Join an organised pvp guild.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yes!
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´m in generall against "battlegrounds" since there´s a simple solution to that: Join an organised pvp guild.

Most organized PvP guilds are very seriously looking forward to battle grounds
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    Qbiken wrote: »

Other than taking/defending a fort theres no variation in group content and even then it's a hord of multiple guilds/groups and loners not an army with a strategy. I think the more complicated we make the terrain the more fun and competitive it will be and we'll be more likely to see guilds cooperating with each other.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    To further my example, if an alliance wins a super battering ram (GROND!) and it spawns at one of the Morrowind gates, the very sight of it would give incoming players something to rally behind. The guild who won it would lead the action to push it on to the fort they want to attack. It would be the incentive of the enemy to destroy it before it gets to one of their forts so that it respawns back in the delve it was claimed. Could maybe have it so that If the ram has 50% health left and all the original owners have been killed, it can be turned on them.

If it gets to a fort and the attack is successful then maybe that asset could then be used to rebuild the gate and further fortify that hold (strenghthening the walls/gate) until it is retaken by another alliance. Theres so many other types of war asset that could be incorporated into Cyrodil eg Super treb/ballistas, magic shields for forts, undead armies, monster/dwemmer autamoton guards for forts, dragon airstrikes (how awesome would that one be lol)
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on October 31, 2016 4:58PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to choose I have a better idea.

The campaign would dictate this idea and block out the rest of Cyrodil.
    Basically there would be different campaigns for a battlefield per say that did not impact your main campaign.

These battlefields also would not be faction locked and would allow you to enter as a group or solo and choose a side but the battles would never last longer than 2 hours and would be completed by time limits and objectives.

To me these would involve Cyrodil areas or Imperial city areas by campaign but not both.
    Basically like the old World of Warcraft PvP options if you've ever played those years ago.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!

Basically there would be different campaigns for a battlefield per say that did not impact your main campaign.

These battlefields also would not be faction locked and would allow you to enter as a group or solo and choose a side but the battles would never last longer than 2 hours and would be completed by time limits and objectives.

To me these would involve Cyrodil areas or Imperial city areas by campaign but not both.
    Basically like the old World of Warcraft PvP options if you've ever played those years ago.

Yes I like this idea. I have to admit, it would be less disruptive this way and would please everyone because there's no imperative to get them done. There has to be incentive however. You got anything in mind?

Could have one of these in each region of Tamriel too. Wouldn't necessarily need to restrict them to Cyrodil with this idea :)
  • jonzhao68
    jonzhao68
    ✭✭
    Oh yes!
    The one thing I don't like about this game is the absence of structured PvP. I am still new however and figured maybe the open world PvP suited the needs of Pvp players, but I am glad to see there are others interested in structured PvP matches as well. I'd have to get some more game time in to make any worthwhile suggestions on how to implement it, but adding in a structured PvP format could allow for some spectator-worthy PvP and eventually esports type leagues and matches. So long as it doesn't wind up like GW2 PvP and just completely failing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I like this idea. I have to admit, it would be less disruptive this way and would please everyone because there's no imperative to get them done. There has to be incentive however. You got anything in mind?

Could have one of these in each region of Tamriel too. Wouldn't necessarily need to restrict them to Cyrodil with this idea :)

Incentives:

-AP double and triple bonus weekends
    -AP and spoils of war per win (spoils is a bag with 5 random items and gold)
    -Emperor unlock skill line/achievement (lots more work would be required here tho)

Region/location:
    -I think it's important that these are only parts of the existing Cyrodil and Imperial City map locations. This can invoke 1-3 keeps or 1-3 capture zones.
    -Some campaigns can be just team death match and Everyman for themselves
    -and some 1:1 and 3:3 and 5:5

Edit: I left off capture and siege types.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 31, 2016 7:25PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    I still like the idea of acquiring war assets. Maybe they can be won in the battles and sent to the guildbank and stored with other siege weapons. They don't necessarily have to be mind blowingly powerful. Perhaps they could have the guild logo on them with some added perks attached.

I also think it might be beneficial to have it so that generals and captains of a guild have to be present to initiate a battle. It will give players more incentive to climb the ranks and also create a guild league table. People can then see the best active guilds and aspire to be in their ranks. So far the best guilds are trading guilds. I want to start hearing about guilds with high ratings in pvp combat.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on October 31, 2016 6:36PM
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    I'm in 5 guilds. 3 of which are mournhold traders and two are PVP guilds. There's no way of assessing what the best PVP guilds are at the moment. Some of the big PVP guilds only maintain big numbers through non active players so size isn't a very good indicator. For instance I'm in one guild with 420 members, of which there's only around 30 active at a time. I'd love to see a guild league table but there needs to be something to compete for.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    So are you thinking 12v12v12 instances? Sounds like an interesting idea to me!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    I would love this, it would make more of my guild mates more active for sure.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    What they should do, introduce 10v10/12v12 battlegrounds based on areas from the game that tie into the alliance war, though OT kinda ruined that immersion. For arenas 2v2-5v5 allow for teams to be made similar to guilds, but capped at the number you que for. Give arenas a 7 day cycle like cyrodil so when you hit a certain rating or w/l ratio you get loot and gold. Add this with vendors, they have the opportunity to make a great pvp portion of this game
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Oh yes!
    I had similar ideas while I was on vacation, and I'd like to combine it with a new set of weapons that are similar to vMA/vDSA weapons, but more pvp oriented, and boosting the third skill of each skill line, respectively.

I thought about arena fights in certain sizes(1v1,2v2... Up to 12 vs 12) where each win would award a chest and after a certain amount of wins (either repeatedly after a fixed number of wins so beginners could get them too, they'd just take longer or a consecutive number of wins) you'd get a 'champion' weapon.

But the encounters would need to be random so you can't just let each other win to get chests. Could work similar to the group finder. This would be fun in my opinion. The arenas could have similar environmental effects as vMA or vDSA, with ice, fire, poison, complete darkness with torches and so on.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes!
    I love these ideas, thanks guys :)