Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main storyline levelling

Maraluk
Maraluk
Hi, wondered if anyone can help. I am levelling as a Templar. I have read some levelling advice that I found majorly confusing.
Firstly it said level up to 50 using the main story as it will pretty much get you there, then saw something saying don't touch the harbourage until you'd hit 50 but stick to the main story...
Well I thought the main story was the harbourage? I am on the last part I think, rescuing some kings in coldharbour. And I am only level 18, which seems a long way off. What am I not getting?

Sorry if that's confusing
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maraluk wrote: »
    Hi, wondered if anyone can help. I am levelling as a Templar. I have read some levelling advice that I found majorly confusing.
    Firstly it said level up to 50 using the main story as it will pretty much get you there, then saw something saying don't touch the harbourage until you'd hit 50 but stick to the main story...
    Well I thought the main story was the harbourage? I am on the last part I think, rescuing some kings in coldharbour. And I am only level 18, which seems a long way off. What am I not getting?

Sorry if that's confusing

I'd assume that whatever you read was before the whole level thing was changed. Now everything scales to your level since the One Tamriel update.

Patch notes here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/288585/pts-patch-notes-v2-6-0
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you also do the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quest lines?

You should be able to level doing only those 3 main quest lines, and then some grinding. When I was leveling alts the fast way, that is how I did it. I don't think you could do it without the grinding though.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a "main" quest involving the Prophet (The Harborage Quests) but there is also a main questline for each of the alliances.

Your own alliance main quest as well as the Harborage quests and the Mages and Fighters guild quests all end around level 50 and lead you to the final battle with Molag Bal.

After that, you get to play the main alliance quests for the other two alliances by accepting Cadwell's gold and silver questlines.

You really want to complete all of the above as many of those quests award extra skill points.
    shades.gif

PS: The "wait until 50" thing would only apply if you wanted some of the unique quest rewards to be level 50 or higher. One of my characters did just that and i got several rewards at level CP160 that would have otherwise been level 45-50.
    But it is by no means necessary or really desirable, most of these rewards are novelties and not BiS.
    Edited by SirAndy on October 31, 2016 7:33PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some will suggest that waiting on the Faction Quests, and Main Quest for the game will give you better rewards. Well, yes, you get better rewards but they are still Blue items (FG does give a nice Purple Weapon at the end) with bonuses that are equaled or exceeded by just about any drop in the game, especially if they are Dropped Set items.

Personally, I have done it both ways and I see no real benefit to putting them off for any arbitrary reasons. Besides, you get lots of skill points for the Main Quest, and it is the only way to level the Soul Class to unlock the passive that fills a soul gem 10% of the time. That is more important to me than a CP160 Blue Ring that I will toss onto a storage mule.

Mages and Fighters give you access to a nice special Crafted Set station (mages gives two) but those are also have higher trait requirements so probably not that useful to most low level crafters.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maraluk
    Maraluk
    Ah wow that's some great help and responses, thanks for clearing that up! I guess I should just crack on and finish all the quest lines then. There's an awful lot to do but that's what attracted me to the game in the first place. I just didn't want to get it wrong and screw it up first time round. I started the dark brotherhood quests and got a purple set of Lilith boots and wondered if I was doing it all too soon.
  • Maraluk
    Maraluk
    Ah wow that's some great help and responses, thanks for clearing that up! I guess I should just crack on and finish all the quest lines then. There's an awful lot to do but that's what attracted me to the game in the first place. I just didn't want to get it wrong and screw it up first time round. I started the dark brotherhood quests and got a purple set of Lilith boots and wondered if I was doing it all too soon.