Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Traits

ESOMark
ESOMark
Hey guys I want to craft Torug Pact gear and was confused because it states I need to have three traits so I was just a little confused on what this means if anyone can explain it that would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To craft set gear, you need to have a certain number of traits researched. It can be any traits, however its usually best to research the ones you think you want to use first. You need any three for Torug's Pact. Reinforced, well-fitted, training, whatever.

Each trait you research for each piece takes longer. The first trait for any piece takes a few hours. The next one for that piece takes longer. The final 9th trait will take about 30 days. The sooner you get the research started the better.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    27days if your a Eso plus member , I would say try researching useful traits I:e Infused , divines ,inpen etc
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice little overview here:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits

Edit: Use with caution - others pointed out the site is not the most accurate. Sorry.
    Edited by Rouven on November 1, 2016 2:04PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ESOMark
    ESOMark
    Alright and does the three trait requirement have to be on let's say only the helmet, or can it be like scattered thoughout pieces of armor? Not sure if I worded the question correctly
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need 3 traits on any piece you want to craft
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOMark wrote: »
    Alright and does the three trait requirement have to be on let's say only the helmet, or can it be like scattered thoughout pieces of armor? Not sure if I worded the question correctly

Per each slot. So if you want to craft a set helmet you need to have three traits researched on the helmet.

Here a quote from the link I posted above:

"Another aspect of advanced crafting is the special set-bonus crafting benches. Traits affect your ability to craft the set-bonus gear, because you are required to have 2 (or more) traits learned on the specific item you want to craft. For instance if you want to make a Death's Wind style axe, you need to have unlocked 2 traits on the axes before you can craft it."

Hope that helps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to know 3 Traits on each item you want to make. So, knowing 3 Traits on say, Shields, does not mean you can make the set's Destro Staff if you only know 2 Traits on that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Per each slot. So if you want to craft a set helmet you need to have three traits researched on the helmet.

Here a quote from the link I posted above:

"Another aspect of advanced crafting is the special set-bonus crafting benches. Traits affect your ability to craft the set-bonus gear, because you are required to have 2 (or more) traits learned on the specific item you want to craft. For instance if you want to make a Death's Wind style axe, you need to have unlocked 2 traits on the axes before you can craft it."

Hope that helps.

Has something changed in Crafting, that I was unaware of?

It used to be that for a 2-piece set (say Death's Wind) one needed to have researched 2 traits on a particular item.

So, lets say the item in question is an axe - as per you example.
    The two traits researched were Sharpened and Precise.

This allowed the Crafter to craft Death's Wind axes with either the Sharpened or Precise trait only. They could not craft axes with any other trait, until they had researched and learnt it.

To my knowledge, this is still the case.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits says "8 items, all 9 traits = 432 hours or 144 hours with rank 3 bonus.
    Not so scary." True, that amount of time would not be so scary -- if it were any where near accurate!! It actually takes MUCH longer, on the order of several months.

This is not the only inaccuracy on this page! While there are some well-written descriptions of how some things work (and some plagiarism), there are also erroneous claims such as "Adding a Trait to an item only costs you one Trait Gem, unless you are crafting a set, which requires a Trait Gem for each of the traits added." This is highly misleading since each item can only have ONE trait and you cannot add more than one trait gem when crafting an item.
    Edited by Tevalaur on November 1, 2016 12:11AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    Has something changed in Crafting, that I was unaware of?

It used to be that for a 2-piece set (say Death's Wind) one needed to have researched 2 traits on a particular item.

So, lets say the item in question is an axe - as per you example.
    The two traits researched were Sharpened and Precise.

This allowed the Crafter to craft Death's Wind axes with either the Sharpened or Precise trait only. They could not craft axes with any other trait, until they had researched and learnt it.

To my knowledge, this is still the case.

As far as I am aware that is correct, did I say something different? I understood OP asked if the amount of traits that he had to research, not which ones.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    (...)
    This is not the only inaccuracy on this page! (...)

Oh I see what you guys mean. Good to know!