The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Campaign with Islands, Water, and Ships

collettd101
collettd101
✭✭
I'd like a campaign with the keeps and resources on islands that you have to get to with sinkable ships. Think it would be too costly to lose a ship if sunk, you just land in the water, feed the slaughterfish, respawn, and relaunch your ship. Single player ships would be the weakest with multi-player/guild ships being the strongest. Siege equipment either placeable on the decks or permanently mounted.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    uhhh okay
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Pirates of the Caribbean online
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play the Total War games from Rome 2 onwards for that style of combat, on this it would never work, it cant even deal with what we have lol
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are actually ships in Cyrodiil. They are around Imperial City. But sadly these ships are already wreacked :(. It gives me hope that in future there will be ships in future. Since there is already wreckage of ships around Imperial City. Sadly in meantime it won't happen.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galleon class ships have a role in Ultima Online in their High Seas expansion.

On the PvE side you used them for the fishing quests - a rather involved game system there - or for PvE pirate hunting to get better ships. Players can crew and use the cannon - a several step process in order to fire them - against pirate vessels or against seaborne boss monsters. Some players will attack merchant shipping of course.

For PvP it was a different story. Nobody got into ship to ship battles but almost everyone has a ship. They used them to store the power scrolls you get from Champion Spawns in Felucca (the PvP area) because, in UO, when you kill a player you can loot their body.

Probably the best pirate ship MMO was Russell William's Pirates of the Burning Sea by Flying Labs Software in Seattle, I think. Great initial game design but balance issues plagued it.

Of course, balance issues plague every online game. Mostly the game suffered from an Eve-like learning curve difficulty.