Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are Crown Crates?

LindsC
LindsC
✭✭✭
When are they coming and where can I find more information on them?

Best Answers

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope never. One have to spend real money for a (very, very bad) RNG change to get outfits and mounts. It is just a money grab by ZOS.
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You buy a box from the crown store for 400 crowns. Inside are 4 random items from a selection. (There were 72 possible items in the version on the PTS.) Some are items available directly on the crown store, some are limited time items which are no longer available any other way, others are exclusive to the crates.

The possible items are divided into different tiers (consumable, superior, epic, legendary and apex) and the higher tiers are much rarer. In the vast majority of cases you'll get 3 consumables and 1 superior tier cosmetic item.

If you get a cosmetic item it is automatically unlocked on your account. If you get one you already have you're compensated with crown gems, which can be used to purchase different cosmetics. On the PTS each item returned just under 1/3 of it's value in gems, so to buy a superior tier reward you had to get 4 duplicate superior tier rewards. We've been told the number of gems will be increased when they're actually released but we don't know how much.

There's lots of discussions about them in the PTS section of this forum, and you can find videos of people opening them on Youtube so you can see exactly what was involved.

As for when they're coming all we've been told is 'later this year'.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expected time frame was in November. Unaware if that has changed due to customer feedback in relation to the drop rate of the crates and the amount of crown gems you received from items you already owned.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Answer ✓
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expected time frame was in November. Unaware if that has changed due to customer feedback in relation to the drop rate of the crates and the amount of crown gems you received from items you already owned.

We should know soon enough. I imagine the November Crown Store Showcase should be published this week.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Answer ✓
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Search function not working OP? ;)
    The search function is probably full of the catfights of opinions about the thing. ;)

I'd stay off of the forum discussions and stick to youtube and articles if you're looking for basic facts on what crates are. (Although Dani already covered it well.) If you're looking for public opinions check out the forums.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Answer ✓
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

We should know soon enough. I imagine the November Crown Store Showcase should be published this week.
    The November Showcase was released a five days ago on 10/26. There was no mention of crown crates .....

The link is here ..... Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: October 26th, 2016"

Oddly there were no pets or mounts listed for November .....
    Answer ✓
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are Crown Crates?

They are boxes soon to be offered via the Crown Store that will take a lot of your money.

For those of you who are going to throw away money left and right on those crates in hopes of getting something you can use good luck. You would get better odds gambling in Vegas.
    Edited by Palidon on October 31, 2016 11:16AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Search function not working OP? ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access