Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Icon on desktop

Baybaeckz
Baybaeckz
✭✭✭
Recently had to reload game but game agent didn't put icon on desktop. How does one fix this from game opener ?

Best Answer

• Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    thank you
    Answer ✓
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u can put one there urself by going to the folder the launcher is located in ur programs files in ur C: drive ... then just create a shortcut on ur desktop of the launcher
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to also have a shortcut directly to the EXE (64bit) and then you only use the Launcher on Patch days
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Better to also have a shortcut directly to the EXE (64bit) and then you only use the Launcher on Patch days

you actually do not need that, as in the launcher settings, there is an option now, to run the game in 64 bit.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or have the 64 bit exe shortcut on task bar at bottom of desktop, one click and you are in:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

you actually do not need that, as in the launcher settings, there is an option now, to run the game in 64 bit.

@altemriel

My point is, you can avoid launching the launcher, which has to initialize, then go on the internet to update the messages, then hope it does not give you a patch manifest error before you can launch the game. On top of that, having the launcher running can mess up the game if there is a PTS update being downloaded.

By using a shortcut to the exe, you bypass this delay completely.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"