Player Housing - No Snowy Houses!?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay.... I'm going to come clean here.

As much as I love running high end content, new dungeons, and generally doing crazy stuff in ESO, there is almost nothing that can hype me up more than Player Housing!

I always wanted a nice home to myself where I can store all of my stuff just like in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. It seems there's a small problem though...

Where exactly is the house that is surrounded by snow??? We have half of Wrothgar, most of Eastmarch, and all of Bleakrock Isle to make this happen.

Please tell me I simply missed it and that there is indeed a real house in the snowy regions of one of these zones. The closest (and only) "snow" surrounded home I have heard about is just a big pile of stone and bricks in Windhelm. An ugly manor. No ty -_- forget that.

If there are zero homes surrounded by snowy wilderness I'll honestly feel a bit disappointed. It's an amazing feature, yet the only type of house I want to live in is the type ZOS never added.

Has anyone found a player house in a snowy wilderness area? Ty!
Edited by Vaoh on October 31, 2016 3:59AM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You and @dwemer_paleologist really ought to have been consulted.

I mentioned my desire to live on Stirk or in Eyevea every time housing was ever brought up.

What I'm shocked by is that there's no housing in Coldharbour.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @runagate Why'd you link that guy! -_- he doesn't like me cause I soloed vWGT :cry:
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually about to roam around Eastmarch and Bleackrock Isle in hopes of spotting a home right now. Definitely will update this thread if I find something.

Again, if anyone knows where I can find the player house I desire plz let me know!
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single zone should at least have one housing option.
    And yes, I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't have a home in the snow.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP has done a nice job of documenting what has been added so far ... found here:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

Because ZOS hasn't officially announced all the details of housing, the door is still open for one to appear in the "snowy" locations you listed.
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoping for a snowy escape myself. Guild mates think I'm weird already because all of my characters are parked in Evermore, Bangkorai.

They call me the Duke of Bangkorai... but, I'm ready to move out into the snow covered areas.

Personally I'd love an imperial styled home, surrounding by mountains, forest, and snow.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP has done a nice job of documenting what has been added so far ... found here:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

Because ZOS hasn't officially announced all the details of housing, the door is still open for one to appear in the "snowy" locations you listed.

I checked there as my main source. No snowy houses :(

And yes there is still hope. Believe me my I biggest hope is that there is just one snowy house. All I want from ZOS is to add one nice snowy house....
    Edited by Vaoh on October 31, 2016 4:15AM
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @runagate Why'd you link that guy! -_- he doesn't like me cause I soloed vWGT :cry:

Well, tell him not to be jelly.

He wants to live in a hole in the ground. You want to live in the snowy woods like a survivalist. @MissBizz secretly wants to live in a giant cupcake but said not to post it on the forums.

I think the choice of housing locales could have included a wee bit more creativity rather than the "racial" templates we are so - um, overly familiar with already.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

He wants to live in a hole in the ground. You want to live in the snowy woods like a survivalist. @MissBizz secretly wants to live in a giant cupcake but said not to post it on the forums.

I think the choice of housing locales could have included a wee bit more creativity rather than the "racial" templates we are so - um, overly familiar with already.

Shhhhhh! I told you not to tell! Now everyone knows!!! :'(

Really though, I want the biggest baddest mansion in Auridon with tons of pink trees surrounding it. I'd prefer something a bit brighter and lush than the Mathiisen place... but I guess it will have to do.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think there would be at least one snow option somewhere, seems odd to leave that environment out. Maybe they'll add one to Wrothgar if they're going to add DLC housing down the track.
    You and @dwemer_paleologist really ought to have been consulted.

I mentioned my desire to live on Stirk or in Eyevea every time housing was ever brought up.

What I'm shocked by is that there's no housing in Coldharbour.

I want my main to live on Eyevea so badly. I mean would it be hard for those who haven't done the questline to just enter the house through a portal or something and not be able to leave through the front door until they've done the questline? Eyevea can only be reached through portals as is, and I'm assuming there's going to be some kind of house port feature anyway. I hope it gets added at some point :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that apparently there aren't houses in Orsinium. I would especially like to be able to have my Orc go back to living with her clan (Morkul) or at least nearby.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One odd thing is that I am almost positive we have datamined player houses in Vvardenfell. VVARDENFELL! We can't even go there yet!!!

Yet there are (apparently) no player houses in Wrothgar :cry:
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sorta maybe not related.

@Enodoc do you know which houses are thought to be crown store ones?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer the houses to be racial style that way there uniformity with the areas they are in. No point in having weird housing until the system has at least put in its foundation first.
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One odd thing is that I am almost positive we have datamined player houses in Vvardenfell. VVARDENFELL! We can't even go there yet!!!

That's why I'm thinking they'll probably add some options to Wrothgar, Abah's Landing, and the Gold Coast - it would be strange to leave those out if they're adding them to Vvardenfell. I wouldn't give up on a Wrothgar snow house just yet!

And since it's a DLC zone, and not everyone may have the DLC, there'd have to be some kind of porting function... like Eyevea would need (hint hint)... :p
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

That's why I'm thinking they'll probably add some options to Wrothgar, Abah's Landing, and the Gold Coast - it would be strange to leave those out if they're adding them to Vvardenfell. I wouldn't give up on a Wrothgar snow house just yet!

And since it's a DLC zone, and not everyone may have the DLC, there'd have to be some kind of porting function... like Eyevea would need (hint hint)... :p

Give me a room in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary that isn't the common dorms and I'm good. I'm a Silencer! Why should I sleep in the same room as the initiates? Preposterous!
    Edited by Abeille on October 31, 2016 5:00AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^ :smile: plz ZOS
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Give me a room in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary that isn't the common dorm and I'm good. I'm a Silencer! Why should I sleep on the same room as the initiates? Preposterous!

Yeah that's a good thought too - a separate room on the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary and Thieves Guild base, as well as one in the cities themselves for those who like the area but don't want to be tied to the guild associated with it in the DLC.

I guess the Fighters Guild could have a place in the Earth Forge or something? Not sure about Undaunted.
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I prefer the houses to be racial style that way there uniformity with the areas they are in. No point in having weird housing until the system has at least put in its foundation first.

I don't mean to imply crazy houses. I'm just afraid that since there's only a few building plans outside of DLCs that it'll be more of the same.

Eyevea desperately needs a raison d'etre. I love that place but can't be arsed to go there to hang out alone.
    Options
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what would happen if i buy a house in wrothgar and then don't renew my subscription...
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Shhhhhh! I told you not to tell! Now everyone knows!!! :'(

Really though, I want the biggest baddest mansion in Auridon with tons of pink trees surrounding it. I'd prefer something a bit brighter and lush than the Mathiisen place... but I guess it will have to do.

I wasn't so terribly far off, you admit.

Oddly enough the player housing there looks like where I once live in south Portland, Oregon, in a giant 14-person house where the trees were pink in the spring. Lots and lots of pink! Must be have been a Mer lang in the Meretihic.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I looked ALL OVER Bleakrock Isle..... and......

..... I found a secret area! :smiley:

@ZOS_GinaBruno omg PLEASE make this a player house location!

This secret area is a decent-sized chunk of an untouched snowfield. It is located at the very Northwest of the map, behind the large mountainous wall of rocks. You can only reach it via swimming through lots of slaughterfish and plenty of difficult climbing/streaking.

There are a few bears and some untouched plants (which have likely never been harvested). A couple mudcrabs also roam the shores.

Besides that, it is a very nice area. Trees grow on the top and bottom portion of the land, with the larger center being clear as if MADE for player housing.

I'm telling you guys it is a perfect area for player housing.

I'll try to post screenshots tonight! :)

EDIT: I checked to make sure it was inaccessible through conventional means and let me tell you - it is on the brink of impossible to reach. Only by swimming through slaughterfish and a bit of highly skilled rock climbing can you get here!
    Edited by Vaoh on October 31, 2016 6:20AM
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be easier to get there when you could pop a potion while swimming. As you can imagine an argonian with Rapids could get into some weird places back then.

I'll have to go take a look and see if it's still the same as it was way back when. My favorite thing to do is escape the map but since I always /bug the overlooked ways to get off the map they always get fixed :'(

[ edit ] Which is why some of us who used to get into all those places know what they looked like prior to, say, being made a Heist locale in the TG update. Wish there was a screenshot archive of that stuff like there is for ESO style. Comparing areas over time.
    Edited by runagate on October 31, 2016 6:26AM
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if i buy a house in wrothgar and then don't renew my subscription...

Maybe you'd still own the house, but you'd no longer be able to go outside its walls? You'd always need to port inside instead of walking through the front door, so you'd lose some immersion by not owning/renewing the DLC. I don't know it seems mean that you'd lose the house entirely, I'm sure ZOS probably has a solution for this kind of occurrence. Good question!
    Options
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it like housing on UO where once all the spots are taken you're screwed?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Kinda sorta maybe not related.
    @Enodoc do you know which houses are thought to be crown store ones?
    Not completely. But there are three houses in most racial architectures, except Breton, Dunmer, and Khajiit, which each have four. It is likely these extra houses are three of the Crown Store offerings. The pessimistic view is that these are the three largest houses; the castle near Daggerfall, the mansion near Ebonheart, and the estate near S'ren-ja. The optimistic view is that they are medium-sized houses, since there seem to be two similarly-sized houses in each style; Fell's Run or Wayrest, Narsis or Mournhold, and Dune or Rawl'kha.

LaiTash wrote: »
    That might be why there are no houses in DLC areas.
    Edited by Enodoc on October 31, 2016 10:15AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    So looking at this http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing (Thanks for linking by the way @Taleof2Cities )

I am on board with the OP here, something in the snow should be at the very least a thing in the game regarding housing.

Then I am quite unhappy about how.. generic the housing options are, at least of what we see on the UESP.

Elder Scrolls has always been about doing things your own way and then just a little different. I daresay the MMO isn't that much different by now. Lot's of options for lots of things.

So, some people playing Werewolves, Barbarians or whatever wild men/women might want a cave or -anything- actually matching that (Looking at the hunting ground area here from the Werewolf quest as a better example). Vampires would want a crypt. Yes, a crypt. A smelly hole in the ground with coffins and lots of candles.

Generic and common houses are everywhere for that matter, so much that at this rate even the OPs suggestion with a house surrounded by snow stands out.

Don't be like that ZOS. Please don't.
    Options
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Wrobit house.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken the Bretons and one other race get 4 houses...and there are only 3 for Nords so far.

We might get lucky and get a huge house like their castle in Eastmarch somewhere.
    Options
  • Driskywatcher
    Driskywatcher
    ✭✭
    I've been looking through the wiki i really like the Breton style houses and the Altmer-style house in Marbruk.
    Much love and peace.
    Options