The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell cri = spell dmg

heng14rwb17_ESO
heng14rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
How much does 1% spell cri equal to in term of spell dmg?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262295/nirnhoned-precise-and-sharpened/p1

In the link, 7% crit is more then 219 spell damage, so roughly 30 spell damage equals 1% crit.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind though that there is a cap on crit, 100%, so the more you put into it, the less it matters, stacking spell damage/max magic is just as important and has no cap.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all depends of critical multiplier. Higher multiplier You have more benefitial increasing spell crit is.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 30, 2016 9:16AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind though that there is a cap on crit, 100%, so the more you put into it, the less it matters, stacking spell damage/max magic is just as important and has no cap.

This is not true until you reach 100%. So many think so though, and I'm never sure why. It's simple counting. There is no diminishing returns.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crits increase damage by percentage but spell dsmage is just adder, so the relative boost from crit vs dsmage varies with the crit damage bonus snd the base damage of the attack.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can use this equation to play around with numbers a bit:
    ((Resource*10.5)+Spell/WepDmg)*((CritChance*CritMod)+1)
    If you want to theorize an individual skill's damage, you just need to add a skill coefficient, which can be arbitrary, since it's just for theoretical comparison. I usually use 0.3. If you add that in, the equation looks like this:
    (((Resource*10.5)+Spell/WepDmg)*SkillCoefficient)*((CritChance*CritMod)+1)

I've got some examples of how this gets used on my BiS Gear for 1T thread.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rev Rielle wrote: »

This is not true until you reach 100%. So many think so though, and I'm never sure why. It's simple counting. There is no diminishing returns.

Actually both have diminishing returns if you look at the % increase in damage for fixed values. For example:

Average damage from a 1000 damage ability (using base 50% critical damage):
    • 50 to 55% Critical = 1250 to 1275 average damage (+2%)
    • 90 to 95% Critical = 1450 to 1475 average damage (+1.7%)

Damage for Flame Lash for specific Magicka/Spell Damage values:
    • 20k/2k to 22k/2.2k = 3804 to 4184 (+10%)
    • 40k/4 to 42k/4.2k = 7607 to 7987 (+5%)

So in this arbitrary example there are more diminishing returns for Magicka/Spell damage but each specific case would be different depending on your stats, the change in stats, and the skill involved. That's why it's so complicated to answer questions like "which is better for me..." as the best answer is "it depends...".
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard nailed it better then I could of.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but people must be careful when when using percentages. They alone are misleading. Percentage increase will be less because you're starting from a larger base, which you've shown very well. But absolute increase? There is no diminish.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on October 30, 2016 10:33PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.