The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLEASE address the skill acquisition for 50+ levels

shadoza
shadoza
✭✭✭

At level V55, I was still wearing a level 49 (notice that is not V49) helmet. Normally, I would create a piece of armor when one doesn’t drop though loot. I can’t do that now because I no longer get regular skill points. When I did get one, I had to choose between fleshing out my abilities, upgrading crafting (weapons, armor, provisions, alchemy), or utilizing the skills for the new DLC (thief and assassin guilds). I am a Nightblade that uses medium armor so I have a choice of weapon or armor, one skill does not cover both as it would if I were heavy armor.

I played missions, dungeons, dolmens and world bosses hopping to get armor drops but only heavy and light armor have been dropping routinely. The dropped medium armor may be at my level but it rarely drops and when it does it supports health or magic rather than stamina, which I need to in order avoid running out of stamina before the boss or killer mobs are dead. I could enchant to favor stamina if I had enough skill points to raise my enchant skill past the level 30. I do receive sets. At one time I had a full set of Purples…for heavy armor. I also looted an almost full set of blues for the light armor. Only unrelated pieces for medium and those favored magic over stamina. (If I use heavy or light armor I lose all my stamina buffs that are received for wearing medium armor. Then I don’t have enough stamina to finish the fight.) Saying I should frequent those areas is not a valid answer…they don’t drop skill points either.

I asked in chat about gaining skill points and was told the only way to gain them actively was to farm skyshards or PvP. To play PvP when I am seriously under geared would be insane since I could do little more than present myself as fodder for those already high enough that armor level isn’t an issue. Farming skyshards means racing through maps to grab whatever skyshards are out in the open which isn’t playing at all. (I prefer to clear a map before moving on.) As I advance through levels and the auto leveling deteriorates on my armor and weapons I will be at a greater disadvantage because the leveling buff wans and I am still in the same low-level armor.

Eventually, I will require someone other to play the game for me by asking another player to craft my armor, weapons, health pots, and provisions. Or…to have someone higher than v160 walk me through dungeons or carry me through group fights. This is not how I want to play a game. I paid for the game, I pay the subscription fee monthly, I should be able to do these things myself. I should be able to play the game myself rather than have someone other do all the work for me.

Since there is a limit to how many active abilities that can be used at once, where is the harm in continuing to give 1 skill point upon leveling. Even if a player was able to unlock every passive and active skill, they cannot use them all at once. PLEASE address the skill acquisition for 50+ levels and bring skill points for leveling back after Level 50.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that you've collected all the shards in all the ad and dc and ep zones done the main quest, all the group events in pub dungeon and you don't have enough skill points? you still have Cadwells gold and silver quest that give you skill points and then there's craglorn as for cyro well just go get the shards your not there to pvp yet just run and grab. Once you have levelled certain skill lines you can claw back skill points you wont need all points in say mages guild and fighters guild majority will be one or the other depending on if you magic or stam currently. It doesn't cost to much gold to reset points. You need to make gold so you can buy armour pieces' it does take along time to collect the optimum pieces, which is why you sell the ones you don't need in the trading guild you are member of. This is an mmo, you're meant to get help it's a group game, most people are willing to help, we pretty much all had to help each other in the start. Right now its never been easier lvl a char :) have fun
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more than enough skill points in the game to max out crafting and still have all the necessary combat related skills. This is without even stepping into pvp. 300+ skill points. Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean the game needs to be changed. Please do not demand changes on a topic you clearly know nothing about. A better topic might have been a discussion on how to better acquire skill points.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 30, 2016 1:51AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Finishing one factions 5 zones, the main story line except for molg bal still leaves you coldharbor and both other realsm worth of quests to run thru gaining skill points at many of the quests there plus skyshards.

Also, sets drop now so frequently from chests, maps, delves and major quests that getting pieces to form up several of the slots is pretty easy. Dont forget delves for jewels.

But still, depending on how your chartacter developed and how diverse the skills purchased are its not uncommon for paying for a respec once you hit 50/cp especially if the character went thru several different cycles during its progression.

But just simply put, depending on your expenditures its entirely possible you are still short on skills at 50 because really 50 is not the end just the end of the beginning. There are lotsa skill points left.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying that you've collected all the shards in all the ad and dc and ep zones done the main quest, all the group events in pub dungeon and you don't have enough skill points?...

No. I am saying: At level V55, I was still wearing a level 49 (notice that is not V49) helmet. Normally, I would .... I'm not going to replete the entire post. In short, I am saying that I am at an awkward position currently and it is hurting my progression in the game. Allowing more skill points to a player while transitioning through the fist 160 CP levels would help to ensure that a character has the appropriate gear to continue playing in an enjoyable fashion.

Co-ops require grouping, like CoD and such. MMOs are about socializing, live chat, shared maps and such...grouping is available but should never be necessary to complete or enjoy a MMO game.
    There are more than enough skill points in the game to max out crafting and still have all the necessary combat related skills. This is without even stepping into pvp. 300+ skill points. Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean the game needs to be changed. Please do not demand changes on a topic you clearly know nothing about. A better topic might have been a discussion on how to better acquire skill points.

Did you read my post?

Honestly, you two are not being helpful, just hateful. I have a right to provide feedback. The support notes said I could do it here. So I am here, providing my feedback to the developers and production team.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you want to create a "Jack of All Trades", self-sustaining and self-dependent character, and all of that before reaching CP160? But you don't want to farm shards (boring) and co-operate with others (because this is not an MMO, obviously)? Really?
    I'm sorry, but you look to me as "I want it all and I want it now" spoiled child. Oh, I forgot "My way, or highway". The type that has ruined this game in many aspects.
    First, do not ask to fix something what is not broken. Second, listen to the people who want to help you. Do the quests, explore everything, loot every crate, chest and backpack. I have a full bank of medium stamina gear just from looting. Use dropped white glyphs until you can craft better ones. And really, find yourself a buddy - grouping with just one person is enough to do EVERYTHING in this game except the toughest bosses, trials and such stuff.
    Btw, I'm an extreme introvert with mild Aspergers, I hate crowds and I play 90% of the game alone. But I'm in a trading guild, and have one buddy who always helps me if I need something - and vice-versa.
    Finally, and I hate to say that - learn to play.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Collecting skyshards in the three faction zones in total nets you approx. 150 skill points. Add the ones you got from levelling to Champion ranks and you look at more than 200 without ever having set foot into Cyrodiil or a group dungeon. None of the faction zones is too difficult to do in dropped equipment.

I have done it 8 times now. 8 chars with 250+ skill points. Why should I be able to do it and not you?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a long post, didn't read it all. In short tho there is such an abundance of skill points in the game right now there really is no issue. In OneT you can go everywhere. Get all the Shards, do all dungeons (group ans public) do the main quest lines and honey soy you will have more than enough more than.

Maybe do a skill reset and build back up only what you really need.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no levels above Level 50, which is why there are no more skill points gained for levelling. The Champion System is account-wide, so skill points cannot be given for CP increments. If you were around before VRs were removed, you would remember skill points being given for each VR; this worked because VRs were character-specific, not account-wide. Those 15 VR skill points were shifted into 1-50 levelling when VRs were removed, so you already have the skill points you need, you just may need to respec them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

At level V55, I was still wearing a level 49 (notice that is not V49) helmet. Normally, I would create a piece of armor when one doesn’t drop though loot. I can’t do that now because I no longer get regular skill points. When I did get one, I had to choose between fleshing out my abilities, upgrading crafting (weapons, armor, provisions, alchemy), or utilizing the skills for the new DLC (thief and assassin guilds). I am a Nightblade that uses medium armor so I have a choice of weapon or armor, one skill does not cover both as it would if I were heavy armor.

I played missions, dungeons, dolmens and world bosses hopping to get armor drops but only heavy and light armor have been dropping routinely. The dropped medium armor may be at my level but it rarely drops and when it does it supports health or magic rather than stamina, which I need to in order avoid running out of stamina before the boss or killer mobs are dead. I could enchant to favor stamina if I had enough skill points to raise my enchant skill past the level 30. I do receive sets. At one time I had a full set of Purples…for heavy armor. I also looted an almost full set of blues for the light armor. Only unrelated pieces for medium and those favored magic over stamina. (If I use heavy or light armor I lose all my stamina buffs that are received for wearing medium armor. Then I don’t have enough stamina to finish the fight.) Saying I should frequent those areas is not a valid answer…they don’t drop skill points either.

I asked in chat about gaining skill points and was told the only way to gain them actively was to farm skyshards or PvP. To play PvP when I am seriously under geared would be insane since I could do little more than present myself as fodder for those already high enough that armor level isn’t an issue. Farming skyshards means racing through maps to grab whatever skyshards are out in the open which isn’t playing at all. (I prefer to clear a map before moving on.) As I advance through levels and the auto leveling deteriorates on my armor and weapons I will be at a greater disadvantage because the leveling buff wans and I am still in the same low-level armor.

Eventually, I will require someone other to play the game for me by asking another player to craft my armor, weapons, health pots, and provisions. Or…to have someone higher than v160 walk me through dungeons or carry me through group fights. This is not how I want to play a game. I paid for the game, I pay the subscription fee monthly, I should be able to do these things myself. I should be able to play the game myself rather than have someone other do all the work for me.

Since there is a limit to how many active abilities that can be used at once, where is the harm in continuing to give 1 skill point upon leveling. Even if a player was able to unlock every passive and active skill, they cannot use them all at once. PLEASE address the skill acquisition for 50+ levels and bring skill points for leveling back after Level 50.

If you are clearing each zone one by one, you should have more than enough skill points - you gain skill points from doing lots of things. Not just collecting skyshards or leveling. You also gain them from levelling, pvping, zone quest lines, group dungeon quests, public dungeon group bosses and main story quests. You can't just go and get all the points from every single skill line. It doesn't work that way. If you honestly don't have enough skill points to spend after you have gotten to level 50 then you have skipped most of the methods I listed before, and also spent skill points in useless lines that don't effect you. The game gives you plenty of skill points at the position you are meant to be in.

Do you know how many skill points you can get from the game? To put it in perspective you can get 381 skyshards, divide that by three. That is from skyshards alone. I have currently ogt 324 skill points. 7 of them are from the alliance ranks for PvP. Even if you get rid of all the skyshards from the DLC content you will still have 300 skill points.

This thread is honestly pointless, and it just seems like you have been misinformed from the randoms who answered your quest in zone chat, or the uninformed from your guilds.

Please go play the content to get more skill points. It isn't always "I should get more skill points so I can continue" No.
    If you don't know where the skyshards are in each zone you are currently in - then get an addon or check online. Do all the quests. You said yourself you want to 100% complete each zone. So that means you must already be completing the dungeons, completing the main quest in the zone, and plenty of other major quests in the zone that sometimes give a skill point.

Also it's a complete waste of time to craft anything as you are leveling. Maybe here and there, maybe. But the gear that drops should be fine. I find it hard to believe you are hardly getting any medium gear from mobs, quest hand ins, chests, etc. I'm also pretty sure that all gear drop with appropriate enchantments on it as well
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to go get skyshards and do the quests that give them then you have to respec. I have over 300 skill points on most of my toons it's more than enough for multiple builds.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    If you don't want to go get skyshards and do the quests that give them then you have to respec. I have over 300 skill points on most of my toons it's more than enough for multiple builds.

It is! I have 3 builds for one class - I can do all three roles with a change of gear. Also have enough skill points to pick up other abilities if I feel like changing up any of the abilities as well. Do I have enough for crafting as well? Not for two crafting skill lines - which I will pick up again for that toon when I start PvPing more, and through the new skyshards that will undoubtly come from new DLC.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you al telling me how many skills points there are in the game? Obviously at level v50, I am no where near the end of the game.
    Streega wrote: »
    ...learn to play.

Obviously I got this far into the game by complaining. I should cancel my subscription and just quit playing.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you al telling me how many skills points there are in the game? Obviously at level v50, I am no where near the end of the game.

There are plenty of Skyshards readily available for any solo player. You don't need to do group dungeons, and you don't need to go to Cyrodiil as many have already told you. You can go ANYWHERE since 1T; take advantage of it. It is nobodies fault but your own that you refuse to move onto another area until you have fully cleared the one you are currently in. Even so, you are still battle leveled and purple/blue gear drop way too often now. Sounds like you want easy mode.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    If this is how Feedback is responded to, it is no great wonder that many players choose to avoid it.

I said I was quitting, what more do you bullies want?
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is how Feedback is responded to, it is no great wonder that many players choose to avoid it.

Hang on.

This is not the game....this forum. This forum is an online game all its own.

Just spend a hour or two following zone chat. Choose from among the guild pitches and select 5, preferably ones using voice servers.

Put on your headset and mic. Try each one. Find the tone you feel might suit you. No rush. No need to jump into the conversation. Just take the temperature, relax, and settle in.

Join in with what folks are doing, be it that strange ESO thing called a Random Normal, or just camping a dolman together somewhere.

In 30 years of online gaming I've yet to find a more diverse bunch than those who play this one. You will find your place.

Just stick around ;)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One thing that might help you.

This is the bug report forum.

A bug is not defined as you not liking thecresults of your choices or hitting a rough psych in the game.

A bug is something failing to work as designed.

Feedback of the type of "i would be happier if the gamr was different..." is more appropriately placed in general or other sections so this section can track things failing to work without a lot of "i dont like..." clutter.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are getting feedback. If you don't like that it's overwhelmingly opposing your original post (which I did read by the way), perhaps you need to do a bit more research on your topic. Multiple members have told you there are plenty of skyshards and skill points out there for you to get.

You complain you don't have enough skill points. It's pointed out that you have easy solo access to plenty more. You ignore that advice. Seems like you're the one that isn't reading the posts.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 30, 2016 9:47PM
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

A bug is not defined as you not liking thecresults of your choices or hitting a rough psych in the game.

Feedback of the type of "i would be happier if the gamr was different..." is more appropriately placed in general or other sections so this section can track things failing to work without a lot of "i dont like..." clutter.

I know that it says bug report. When I asked support where to supply feedback, I was directed here.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

I know that it says bug report. When I asked support where to supply feedback, I was directed here.

I would suspect they took something in your messsge to imply you were reporting something not working as opposed to something not to your liking.

You own intro post here and dome responses evrn lean that way - a game failing not redult of your choices.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.