The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Why does it take forever to login after updates?

Thuring
Thuring
✭✭
Pretty much the title: after every update, no matter how small, it takes 10-20 minutes to get from the login to the character select.
Is it a global issue or is it just me?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Global issue but it doesn't always take the same amount of time. For me it can take about 5 minutes
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Treemagnet
    Treemagnet
    ✭✭✭
    The game is loading all the changes from the patch. As stated this can take anywhere from a few to several minutes.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    It may be recompiling all the shaders too.

I think after every update, rather then risk problems, part or all the cached data gets rebuilt.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The following method helps if you open your launcher before you go to work:

1. Come home, kiss the spouse, pet the dog, go into your office and start up the game
    2. Leave the office and talk to spouse or dog about their day (one will give you good news, the other one won't)
    3. After you catch up with other biologicals in your dwelling, then the game will be ready for you to log to your character
    4. Select your character and then go to the kitchen and procure your beverage of choice. Might also be a good time to feed dog or spouse, one will like whatever you give them, one might be a little picky.
    5. Head back to the office or gaming room and your character will be standing there waiting for you to play them.

Note, if you have not run the launcher prior to coming home, then extend and repeat Steps 2 and 3 as necessary.
    Edited by Nestor on October 24, 2016 9:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NiallOfTheNine
    NiallOfTheNine
    Soul Shriven
    There should be a loading bar that comes up prior to the character select screen that actually explains how it's updating and hopefully improving your game performance.
    Edited by NiallOfTheNine on October 30, 2016 6:54PM