Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Want to buy sharpened elegant swords cp160 PS4 na

Obi
Obi
If you have these for sale shoot me a message here or on psn,thanks. PSn = obi-weed Or does anyone know a way to farm for them? I've been farming auridon delve bosses,group bosses,dolmens(with treasure hunter passive active) since the update and I haven't even got a elegant weapon of any kind.
Edited by Obi on October 27, 2016 3:56PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6 million
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Per sword
  • Obi
    Obi
    :D
    Edited by Obi on October 26, 2016 11:45AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both swords very very sharp
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    I have one but im only selling it to people named jake
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do not need swords, the passives from dual wielding do not work in overload, so the extra 5% damage that you would normally get from swords do not work in overload. Just buy the cheapest sharpened one handed weapon that you can find.
  • Obi
    Obi
    True but you lose out on the spell damage for any ability on the back bar,liquid lightning,shield etc
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obi wrote: »
    True but you lose out on the spell damage for any ability on the back bar,liquid lightning,shield etc

this is not true, it is the same amount of spell damage for duals, no matter the combination, the only thing that is different about sword, is that they give a flat 2.5% more actual damage from each sword, if you have the passives unlocked. now this is NOT spell damage, this is ACTUAL damage done, IE, if you do 10,000 damage, having swords equipped and the passives from the dual wield tree unlocked, you will get 10,500 damage on the target.

also, spell damage has no effect on hardened ward, that shield ONLY scales off of max magic. the only shield in the game that uses spell damage in its calculation is the resto staff one, so dual wielding doesn't matter.

lastly, on a sorc, you are on the destro staff at least 80% of the time, for Force Pulse. you only switch to the dual wield bar for liquid lightning and the you go right back to the destro staff one and as the game calculates the damage for the skill that you have used based on the bar that is out, it still doesn't matter for liquid lightning. the only time you spend more then a couple of seconds on the dual wild bar is maybe for Mages fury, the sorc sorc execute, if you have it on the bar. Personally, i have that skill on my overload bar, so i can run crit surge easier, because i am cheap and do not want to use pots for that buff and to make the life of my healer a little easier.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 28, 2016 8:24AM
  • Obi
    Obi
    Thanks for the info,appreciate it!
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    you do lose the passives in ovl
    you dont lose the base spell damage from the wep in ovl
    Edited by Lashiing on October 28, 2016 8:03PM
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lashiing wrote: »
    you do lose the passives in ovl
    you dont lose the base spell damage from the wep in ovl

I explained this already but here we go again, you get the same spell damage from all dual wield weapons, be they ax/dagger, dagger/dagger, ax/sword, etc etc, the only reason to use swords is because of the passive "twin blade and blunt" which gives an extra 2.5% damage increase per sword. This is a flat damage increase and does not increase the base spell damage. This passive does not work in overload. As you have stated.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 29, 2016 10:24AM