The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadow Dancer 5 piece speed stacking bug.

Inklings
Inklings
✭✭✭✭✭
This bug is extremely game breaking. People not aware of this set being broken are going to set off the anti hacking parameters if not fixed asap. The speed never goes away even after taking off the gear or logging out. Lets not pretend this isnt happening like we did with the survey exploit and get it fixed asap before you ban a slew of innocent people again.

Here is the original thread on the PTS forums about the item issue. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3331966/#Comment_3331966
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS testing at it's best. It's good to see the PTS is still as useless as it was during the closed beta ...
    dry.gif
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you still seeing the issue on Live? This should have been fixed during the last patch on PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you still seeing the issue on Live? This should have been fixed during the last patch on PTS.

Yes, its still VERY much an issue on live. I have submitted a bug in game as well.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Inklings wrote: »

Yes, its still VERY much an issue on live. I have submitted a bug in game as well.

Hmm, ok. We'll take a look.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure felt faster today on my Magicka NB. I thought maybe it was because they fixed the 10% run speed that didn't apply when weapons were out. Maybe I should take off my shadow dancer. I'd hate to trigger some anti-hacking thing.
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    It sure is stacking with Vampire passive, I'm using it right now and I feel like I have a minor expedition when I wear the Shadow Dancer together with being a vampire, when I wore it of, the small speed buff disables.
    So I'm not sure if this set should be stacking with other similar description passive.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sure is stacking with Vampire passive, I'm using it right now and I feel like I have a minor expedition when I wear the Shadow Dancer together with being a vampire, when I wore it of, the small speed buff disables.
    So I'm not sure if this set should be stacking with other similar description passive.

My toon that wears it isn't a Vamp. And she wasn't that fast pre-patch. But now she is exceptionally so. Once she enters stealth, she picks up speed.

Okay...just logged in to check it again. Though the set says that it "Ignores the Movement Penalty of Sneak", it is like she has Major Expedition (30% speed increase) while in sneak. When she's on her back bar, she has that speed. When she's on her offensive bar which has Concealed Weapon (increases speed by 25% when stealthed) she is very very fast. The Concealed Weapon speed is supposed to happen. The increased speed from the set shouldn't be. It should just be negating the movement penalty.

I also had a friend who tested it by buying a set after the patch and even one that was listed on the market before the patch hit, and he didn't get the speed I got. So he thinks it might be the set's coding. I have no idea.

I only use this toon for doing writs. She doesn't even do the surveys. So no harm done really.

Edited by maxjapank on October 27, 2016 9:46AM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's actually a different bug then pts. I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it though cause I'm not getting the bug. A friend who wears the same exact gear set up does though. It's to hard to test when we are worried about tripping anti cheat parameters and jeopardizing our accounts.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    It's to hard to test when we are worried about tripping anti cheat parameters and jeopardizing our accounts.

Yeah. Was worried about this as well. That's why I'm being open about it on the forums. So that there is some evidence that I've been open about it. I could, of course, take the gear off. But I'm lazy. And I didn't actively look for a bugged set. It was what I was wearing before patch and just continued to wear after the patch. And as she is just doing writs. Not engaging in pvp or dungeons, she isn't taking advantage of anyone.