Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can i make a ADD-ON for the game?

phazma
phazma
Soul Shriven
I need to know if i can make a add-on Player store for the game.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make add-ons for the game. A good place to start learning would be the ESOUI website: http://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php

As for whether you can make a player store it really depends on what you mean. Because this is an MMO and they need to keep things balanced what you can do with add-ons is very limited compared to single player games. The add-ons players can make are essentially overlays that alter the UI of the game. You can't make things to actually go into the game world like a new area or object other people can see.

So you could make an interface to help with buying and selling things (although I'd check what's already been done, if your idea is virtually identical to an existing one it might not get much attention) but you can't make a shop in a town for players to sell things.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • phazma
    phazma
    Soul Shriven
    No i am looking to make an option for other player to add there name to the store and sell there items server wide though a GUI. it will have the options for member to select an item they have in there inventory to sell. and all people can see it the items and it will let the seller select a price to sell the items.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phazma wrote: »
    No i am looking to make an option for other player to add there name to the store and sell there items server wide though a GUI. it will have the options for member to select an item they have in there inventory to sell. and all people can see it the items and it will let the seller select a price to sell the items.

The API does not give out the data you would need. Besides, what you are proposing goes against the coding of the game as you can't just add a player name to the Guild Kiosk. You have to be a member of the Guild that has the Kiosk in order to sell at that Kiosk. You would be attempting to recode the server side of the game, and that ain't happening.

In other words, you can't make an Auction House.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phazma
    phazma
    Soul Shriven
    WHAT.............................................No one is asking for that, I don't know how you even got that from what I posted. This is how it will work when the player is signed into the game they can load the add/on and the add/on will see what they have in that players inventory. It will let them check an item that thy would like to sell, then it will list the item/s in the auction and it will let the member show the amount they would like to offer the item for. Other players in the game can search for the items and see what the members has for sell and if they want to set an auction option to last for 5 days or so they can do that.If a player sells an item they will get an in game message or email saying they sold an item and it needs to be shipped {cod} the only api that need to be called is the in game email response option and the inventory items listings for no none drop items.
    Edited by phazma on October 27, 2016 9:22PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phazma wrote: »
    WHAT.............................................No one is asking for that, I don't know you even got that from what I posted. This is how it will work when the player is signed into the game they can load the add/on and the add/will see what they have in the players inventory. It will let them check an item that thy like to to sell then it will list the item/s in the auction and it will let the member show the amount they would like to offer the item for. Other players in the game can search for the items and see what the members has for sell and it they set an auction option for last for 5 days or so.

Unless you are somehow talking about extending the existing guild trader interface this sounds pretty much exactly like a global auction house, and as was said above there is no way to implement such a thing with addons in ESO.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • phazma
    phazma
    Soul Shriven
    Do you have a API that will call a players items? Like if i wanted to list the items i have in a new windows?

Do you have a API that will link to each members mail for auto response?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • phazma
    phazma
    Soul Shriven
    I need to know if there is a API that shows a players inventory?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to know I need to know I need to know.

RTFM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil