The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon finder 15 min waiting penalty

Neoealth
Neoealth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yesterday I was queued for a normal random dungeon, and after about 10-15 mins of waiting, the group popped up. But a split second before I could even accept the teleport the game offers, someone left the group suddenly and it told me I cannot be teleported. Then I checked the dungeon finder tab screen and it informed me I had a 15 minute penalty before I could attempt to join again. Is this a bug? Can someone explain what happened? I know it's nothing I did because i literally touched or pressed nothing, the whole thing happened fast.

So I ended up having to wait for an additional 15 minutes before I could even wait for a new dungeon group.

Some guy on zone said it happens sometimes, but didn't know why.
  • Gamanoid
    Gamanoid
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this happen a few times, basically:

1) Queue for random dungeon
    2) Get placed in group
    3) Group immediately disbands (this usually happens because they ragequit)
    4) Get penalised 15 minutes

This occurs often when randomly placed in groups for ICP or WGT; I believe they would have been retrying one of the bosses and queuing for replacements before finally giving up just when you get put in their group.

There should be a grace period if you weren't the one to "leave group" within 1-2 minutes of being placed in it.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that seems like the most likely scenario now that you mention it. I originally thought this to be a bug in the game, but after seeing the thread about this same issue on the general forums, it seems this is an intended feature.

I believe they need to change this, punishing someone who has done nothing wrong at all with a 15 minute penalty seems just wrong. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by Neoealth on October 16, 2016 9:51AM
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is almost always those two dungeons - which to me would indicate the dungeons need looking at for normal mode.

vet is fine

Oddly we were chatting about this in guild today
  • Getsome122
    Getsome122
    ✭✭
    This happens entirely too often. Queued for WGT yesterday and by the time I ported in the group no longer existed. So I got penalized because they suck and didn't want to run that dungeon.

Get rid of the idiotic time penalty already. It was not a good idea in the first place and doesn't prevent people from leaving as you intended. It just screws alot of us in to having to waithe to queue up again or just forget about it entirely.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the following happen to me twice now, in about 10 attemps to find a group: In the second I found a group via dungeon finder it was instantly disbanded (by the group leader according to the system message I received) and I got a 15 minute penalty in which I could not use the dungeon finder again. Seems a bit unfair :/

(Edit: This happened when I used the dungeon finder to search for specific dungeons: Banished Cells I & II)
    Edited by GaldorP on October 27, 2016 2:12PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its any dungeon. Happens all the time and it sux. At least on xbox, seems that people waiting for dailies get tired of waiting and the I somehow get put into a group the same instant they disband.