The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chest droprates

Amnesiaxc
Amnesiaxc
Soul Shriven
Hi

This is my first thread on this forum and I've been searching before adding it.

I have two questions. One is for you guys in the forum and the second one i hope a GM will answer.

How many keys undanted keys have you guys spent before you got the shoulder you wanted (any trait) and how many before you got a good one?

And to GM How many keys are you supposed to use before you get atleast something of the right set?

The reason Im askin is I've spent tons of keys and never got a single Ilambris shoulder, i have gotten everything else but not Ilambris. I mean if its totaly RNG based cant you atleast give us a vendor where i can buy a *** one without the trait or someting so i can get the setbonus (think something like 50 keys to buy a whit one with the right set atleast).
I've been playing this game for a few months now and I'm seriously thinking quitting just because of the INSANE grinding I've been doing to get 20 tremorscale... whats the input from you guys? anyone else have this problem?
Amnesiaxc - Magicka Sorc PC/NA
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Amnesiaxc wrote: »
    How many keys undanted keys have you guys spent before you got the shoulder you wanted (any trait) and how many before you got a good one?

About 20 keys.
    Are you sure you open the right chest because now they are split in 3, you must use your keys on the right one.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

My very first Key netted me a Molag Kena Shoulder, and I have gotten about 3 of them (its the only Monster Piece I really care about). Its not in the perfect type or trait (but seriously 4% Block Cost Reduction is much more important than a .01% increase in spell crits that I would get with Divines) I did get a few other items and goodies along the way like Engine Guardian (that might have been a boss drop) So, out of maybe 20 keys/pledges over the last year, 25% of the stuff I have gotten is what I want and can use.

The problem is, more things have been added to the loot table so it's diluted even more. So, I doubt I would get the same 25% of the stuff being useful to me anymore.

Also, contrary to the perceptions, traits have an equal 12.5% chance of dropping. Prosperous and Training are part of the mix unfortunately, but they drop with the same rate as everything else.

Beyond that, it is all RNG and quite frankly a grind, especially if you only want a certain weight in a certain trait from a certain set. Me, the Set Bonus is so so much more important that I ignore the trait and weight, if I can use it, I use it.

Do you know about the Golden Vendor? It shows up at your Alliance's base in Cyrodiil each weekend and sells a Monster Item in the preferred traits, so be sure to check her out each weekend, or at least find out what she is selling.

Edited by Nestor on October 27, 2016 3:10PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Amnesiaxc
    Amnesiaxc
    Soul Shriven
    mateoz wrote: »

About 20 keys.
    Are you sure you open the right chest because now they are split in 3, you must use your keys on the right one.

well as sure as you can be since deltia mixed them up in his guide. but it has been confirmed on several times that the name of the chest is the same as the name of the questgiver that gives out the pledge for the specifik dungeon so i only open the glirion (sorry if spelled wrong) chest
  • Amnesiaxc
    Amnesiaxc
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Hi

Do you know about the Golden Vendor? It shows up at your Alliance's base in Cyrodiil each weekend and sells a Monster Item in the preferred traits, so be sure to check her out each weekend, or at least find out what she is selling.

Nope thats new to me thx for the tip!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope thats new to me thx for the tip!!

Your welcome, here is a blog that notes what we have seen in the past from her

http://benevolentbowd.ca/tag/alliance-vendor/

I don't know exactly when he updates his blog, but you can get an idea of the kinds of things you can find there. I usually miss the weekends that have the ones I would want.....grrrrrr

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"