The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you have any superstitions or strange routines with your character?

summitxho
summitxho
✭✭✭
I noticed last night I have a very strange routine in the way I go about things.

I log into my character, take the crafting and consumable writs right off the bat, then I check my mail to see what I get from my hirelings. From there I proceed to do all the writs at the same time, head over to the Belkarth drop zone and drop them off one by one, have to go to the box for what is the white arrow, going to a box with the black arrow is forbidden. I then collect all my rewards, head over to the merchant tent in behind the drop off zone and check out my rewards, always starting with alchemy, then enchanting, then blacksmith, woodworking and clothing, and finally provisioning, like a kid saving the biggest Christmas present for last. I thought it was hilarious since that is my routine.... every single time, and I feel it would be bad luck for my characters to stray from it. You may call me crazy, but crazy like a fox with the good rng I have been getting lately :smiley:
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    WTT my routine for your routine
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor has infected me with his Greater Theory of RNG Seeds in Craft Material Refining, so now I have to exit and re-enter a crafting table over and over until tempers start dropping on the first couple of refines.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    @Nestor has infected me with his Greater Theory of RNG Seeds in Craft Material Refining, so now I have to exit and re-enter a crafting table over and over until tempers start dropping on the first couple of refines.

@wayfarerx

Is it working for you? Or am I just blowing smoke up something?
    Edited by Nestor on October 26, 2016 10:49PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always make sure food buffs are on, but never with poutine. I think gravy on French fries is bad luck.

No poutine in my routine.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@wayfarerx

Is it working for you?

It seems like it did, although I have to admit to not doing much refining in One Tamriel yet, and we know how RNG and small sample sizes get along.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related ...

I used to decon gear at workbenches in only the original (non-DLC) zone workbenches. I had a short string of bad luck on gold improvement drops in Orsinium ... and blamed it on the DLC instead of RNG.

Since then, I've relaxed some on this theory ... some. B)
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between dungeons and Before I log out I go to the workbenches and research what's available. Then I decon everything in my inventory that I looted from dungeons. I do this in Wayrest so on my way to the bank I stop at the merchant and sell all jewelry and rings acquired. Then I head into the bank and deposit all my resources I've been saving for Blacksmithing, Clothier and Woodworking. After that I can log out and start fresh the next day. It's tedious but it's a must so when I log back on I can immediately pick up writs and roll random and daily pledges.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it a 'routine' (more a 'superstition') but I always /kowtow just in front of the last chest in vMA in a hope that I will get a sharpened inferno staff :lol:

Without a luck so far...
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it a 'routine' (more a 'superstition') but I always /kowtow just in front of the last chest in vMA in a hope that I will get a sharpened inferno staff :lol:

Without a luck so far...

Whenever I open a reward chest, I pray to RNGesus, and perform a /ritual in his honor, followed up by some/kowtow
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@wayfarerx

Is it working for you? Or am I just blowing smoke up something?

Yep I read this as well like a year or so ago and yes I follow it and to me I get much better results to add even more to it I never refine stacks less then 300 as well .
    Related ...

I used to decon gear at workbenches in only the original (non-DLC) zone workbenches. I had a short string of bad luck on gold improvement drops in Orsinium ... and blamed it on the DLC instead of RNG.

Since then, I've relaxed some on this theory ... some. B)

A bit of this as well playing several other MMOs there is always that lucky refine spot ect and same here Ill have to say I do all my refining and deconing in Malabal Tor seems that I have the best of luck there
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Always make sure food buffs are on, but never with poutine. I think gravy on French fries is bad luck.

No poutine in my routine.

As a Canadian I resent that remark! :) That's like our one and only national dish, unless ketchup chips count too... Why America, why do you not have ketchup chips....

Side note, I am realizing I have built more and more odd habits into my game the more I pay attention. Like which character I log into first is always the same, I also do not refine materials until I have over 200 like some others here, its really strange, especially since I never even noticed. Either way, now 6 PA fragments, 4 glass motif fragments, 3 tempering alloys, and a bunch of frost mirriam and berev juice in the last while, I think I will keep up with the crazy. Provisioning writs sure seem like a good way to get rich quick.
    Edited by summitxho on October 27, 2016 10:28PM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only refine in Belkarth... it seems to give me more golden tempers than the other zones. It sounds silly but as far as superstitions go, it's harmless enough.
    PC-EU