The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So... there is really only one server any more, right?

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The original reason why I started characters on EU was to have something to do when the NA severs were down.

Looks like now everything is down or up together, which would mean there is only one megaserver.... left?

I wonder what in the heck happened?
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sigh.....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, the EU servers are in Germany and the NA servers are in the US. They would not be able to hide it if they changed that, so eventually, we would know, even if they didn't say anything.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, the EU servers are in Germany and the NA servers are in the US. They would not be able to hide it if they changed that, so eventually, we would know, even if they didn't say anything.

Well.... I understood that the NA and EU servers originally served a different population, but I also heard that ESO (total PC) pop dropped enormously.

So are there really two servers .... working... any more?

Seems like the logical reason for

1-maintenance at the same time
    2-my addons used to only work for NA. Now they work for both. I didn't do anything different.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain functions, such as log in, are shared. The core mega servers are where they have always been (since the EU move), and for the reason of lower ping to their general population. These maintenances are likely scheduled together merely because that's what works for the administrators. Likely because they can run tests on both at the same time.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on October 24, 2016 4:38PM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Well.... I understood that the NA and EU servers originally served a different population, but I also heard that ESO (total PC) pop dropped enormously.

So are there really two servers .... working... any more?

Seems like the logical reason for

1-maintenance at the same time
    2-my addons used to only work for NA. Now they work for both. I didn't do anything different.

If it's the same server, your ping will be over the roof if you are from NA and play on EU server.

Play on NA, check the ping.
    Then play on EU, check the ping.

Here you go.
    You are welcome.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    very easy to hide the real locale of the servers if they wanted to
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very easy to hide the real locale of the servers if they wanted to

The exact address. Yes. The country it is in? Not so much.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Your AddOns work because the new launcher can now switch servers without having to have a separate client folder for the two servers (NA/EUR). Meaning, you now have a shared folder for both servers that includes your AddOns.

That doesn't mean you're connecting to the same server. It only means your local client files were consolidated.
    shades.gif