The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Yokudan motif doesn't register

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've found a bug with the Yokudan motif, I have currently learned the staves and shield motifs, and I have double checked under the achievements that these 2 pieces have been learned. However, whenever someone links these in chat, or I find them in guild stores, they still appear as "unlearned" whereas usually you would see the "already known" tag on them.

Since the Yokudan motifs are easily the most expensive ones in the game, it's kind of a bummer that the game doesn't register them properly on your charcater. I have not tried to see what would happen if you right click and try to learn a motif you already know, maybe it just gets lost? Since these motifs are so expensive, I don't really want to experiment with that

Seems like it's the "is motif known to character" tag that's somehow missing.

I'm on EU PC server, and yes, I have double checked both the Staves motif and Shields motif - and they appear under my achievements as "known", yet when you hover over them in chat or guild stores, they appear as "not known".
Edited by Carbonised on October 17, 2016 3:17PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA here, and I noticed this with the Staves page too (so far the only one I've gotten a dupe of). And on top of that the text for the Motif is the BRETON motif text.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has a track record of screwing up motifs. First it was the OotH motif that lacked text and icons, now it's the Yokudan motif. Considering that OotH didn't get fixed until One Tam, I guess this won't be fixed until next megapatch as well >_>

But since it's not just me experiencing the issue, it seems to be a global and general issue.

ZOS - please fix. This mean you cannot for the time being rely on the tooltip for seeing if you have the motif page known already or not, and it also makes guild store searching a lot more cumbersome, as the addon won't register it as a 'known motif' in the searches.
    Edited by Carbonised on October 17, 2016 6:43PM
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Must be nice to have this issue, I cant even get a drop... Seems they made all of these new ones far far to difficult to get. people are already offering 100k+ per motif on area chat and my 3 master crafters go without a single one for days now.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a bug in showing what is known by the player by looking the page. Also guild store can show pages as not-learned while you actually know it. Your achievement should show the correct state of the whole motif. You can't learn it twice (i tried with two pages accidentally).

Luckily Yokudan motif holds its price well.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    Happening here too, with chests, legs, shoulders and boots. Put in a bug report but I'm glad to know I'm not seeing things.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix >_>

- Motif doesn't register as "known", thus interfering with your guild store searching
    - Motif pages are wrong, they describe the Breton motif, not the Yokudan
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just saw in the patch notes today they fixed this issue with it showing as "unlearned".
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like 1 issue is fixed yes. Don't know about the pages still being in Breton - can't check it since game is not accessible atm.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that the flavour text is still wrong, it's about Breton motif and not Yokudan.

Minor issue, I know, but it would be nice not having to wait 3+ months for this anyway, as I'm assuming it would be an easy thing to fix.