Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP light armor :( ( PvP )

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Up until about 1.7 I used only Sword and Board for shields. After that it has now become a requirement.
    PC EU
  • elfman236b14_ESO
    elfman236b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just an idea. How about the 5 piece on light armor make shields a toggle. Make it consume magika on hit.
    frees light armor up from casting shields over and over.
    So they can fight back or flee.
    Balance around that fact that light armor can be protected by their mag pool.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #SorcLivesMatter

-Makkir
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A
    #SorcLivesMatter

-Makkir

No, they don't really. Now get back into Cyrodiil and be the AP piñata you're supposed to be.

Also, expect more Sorc nerfs next update. Because 'you know who' is doing the balancing. I'll just stop here because I've already been anned-bay for insulting that someone.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see light get an attack speed increase.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just rather people had to kill me on their own. You know, with skills they use. These days its 2 buttons and 3 procs later and I’m dead. Not to mention if I try to use a projectile when they are vulnerable the "game" saves them with shuffle.

Now I know the numbers, I understand dodge chance. I just wish everything was manually done. I want to live? I have to keep re-casting that shield. A stamina player wants to live? They have to keep blocking and dodging at the right time.

While they are at it, they should probably tone down everyone’s recovery and damage. It’s far too easy to have good damage, great survivability and almost unlimited sustain.

Please Zenimax, give us some skill biased PVP. Because this proc/unlimited sustain meta getting boring fast.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think light armor needs a slight rework, and add another passive?

I mean for medium armor, the regen and cost reduction bonuses are part of the same passive, but there 2 different passives for light armor. Plus in medium you get crit per piece of armor while Magicka gets screwed into having the 5pc bonus as crit? While medium gets +12% weapon damage.

I'll trade that 12% weapon damage increase for the penetration that light armor gets any day.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean for medium armor, the regen and cost reduction bonuses are part of the same passive, but there 2 different passives for light armor. Plus in medium you get crit per piece of armor while Magicka gets screwed into having the 5pc bonus as crit? While medium gets +12% weapon damage.

I'll trade that 12% weapon damage increase for the penetration that light armor gets any day.

I wouldn't if I were you.

http://esoacademy.com/armor-spell-resistance/

Mitigation cap is about 33K for 50% resistance. 5K reduction from the concentration is 15% of that, or about 7.5% increase in damage.

Weapon damage for stamina is easier to stack, it affects every ability, and you can basically one shot us LA users.

I've tried a Spinner spell pen build this patch, and while it does hurt (6% extra damage to armored targets). That's all it is. 6%. You get better results using an elegance set with lightning damage (5% on a sorcerer for lightning, plus 20% on light, heavy, and overload).

Someone please tell me my math is wrong?
    Edited by Minalan on October 12, 2016 2:19PM
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    One frost reach a day keeps the stam builds away.

Atleast that is my experience.
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »

One frost reach can't keep a decent shuffle stacker away.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »

One frost reach can't keep a decent shuffle stacker away.

How long is the snare immunity with five or six pieces
    Of medium?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form is life. You can use light armor as much as you want with Mist Form. 75% damage reduction is insane.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I wouldn't if I were you.

http://esoacademy.com/armor-spell-resistance/

Mitigation cap is about 33K for 50% resistance. 5K reduction from the concentration is 15% of that, or about 7.5% increase in damage.

Weapon damage for stamina is easier to stack, it affects every ability, and you can basically one shot us LA users.

I've tried a Spinner spell pen build this patch, and while it does hurt (6% extra damage to armored targets). That's all it is. 6%. You get better results using an elegance set with lightning damage (5% on a sorcerer for lightning, plus 20% on light, heavy, and overload).

Someone please tell me my math is wrong?

NPCs in dungeons have 18.5k resistance now, and the meta in PvP is heavy armor. Trust me, that 5k penetration greatly outperforms the damage buff you get from the agility passive. If they were to trade those two passives you'll be asking for it back. There's a reason why no one chooses Nirnhoned over Sharpened.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist Form is life. You can use light armor as much as you want with Mist Form. 75% damage reduction is insane.

Mist form is good for escaping talons or escaping from a fight. U cant even use abilities in mist form i wouldnt say its "life" lol

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    What is light armor? I've never heard of it in cyrodiil.

It's a piece of cloth you put over your body as "armor", which then inflicts you with major maim, increasing damage done against you by 100%
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTB magicka version of vigor.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Replace spell resistance with 50% cost reduction to break free/dodge roll (would make sense that standing up and doing a somersault would be easier in cloths than armour) and you'd have your balance.

I want minor lifesteal or something similar.

That would be a great addition to the Destruction Staff skill line...

But yeah let's see more of this buff that is virtually unseen.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is: more people are using light armor still than heavy.

The devs think, therefore it's balanced.

But what they didn't ask, is how many light armor builds are magicka Templars...

Magicka Templars are wearing Light Armor now?! Since when? I only ever saw them in heavy. Those Jesus Beamers? No way they have light armor on man, there's just no way :lol:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people worried about the META and getting that .0004385589595% advantage over someone else--- yet their rotations suck, their reactions are slow etc.

I get plenty of kills with light armor on, with range DPS. Catch me if you can.

The reason everyone in PvP wears heavy armor is because everyone thinks they are a some sort of DPS/Tank hybrid thing.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is: more people are using light armor still than heavy.

The devs think, therefore it's balanced.

But what they didn't ask, is how many light armor builds are magicka Templars...

Magicka Templars are wearing Light Armor now?! Since when? I only ever saw them in heavy. Those Jesus Beamers? No way they have light armor on man, there's just no way :lol:

Hate to say it but I still use light armor and no shield and board , but it's getting harder and harder in PvP that I fear that I will be forced to go that route
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think light armor should get max magicka increase or something that increases shield duration by 2 to 4 seconds. Other than that, proc sets should be adjusted, damage and healing should be toned down, make dots more viable in pvp, fix cloak, give templars something else other than purge and Jesus Beam to nerf those skills, buff dragon blood. Good day