The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Item style in description

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

Its not about crafting, but more about gears and weapons in your inventory. It could be cool to see item style after item name. I never know what style are dropped items.

Thx
Edited by Nic727 on April 28, 2016 5:00PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstruct and you will know ;).
    Yes, it would be helpful to see the style name without special addon working only for this purpose.
    I hope with contant increase of new styles our dear developers will think about this :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons on the PC that add the Style Name to to the Tool Tip Sheet for the piece of gear. Without that, I would never know what style it is until I decon it and get a style mat back.

It would be nice to add this to the stock game, it would not interfere with their vision of a minimalist UI as it would only show up in the Inventory Screen, or rather the Item Sheet
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• M'Hael
    M'Hael
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There are addons on the PC that add the Style Name to to the Tool Tip Sheet for the piece of gear. Without that, I would never know what style it is until I decon it and get a style mat back.

It would be nice to add this to the stock game, it would not interfere with their vision of a minimalist UI as it would only show up in the Inventory Screen, or rather the Item Sheet

What addon do you suggest?
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know too, can you name an add on that does that?
  • N1K3
    N1K3
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, also a style preview before crafting different styles. But that's on a different topic
    DC Imperial NightBlade
    DC Orc DragonKnight
    DC Breton Templar
    DC High Elf Sorcerer
    DC Dark Elf DragonKnight
    DC Redgaurd Templar
    EP Breton NightBlade
    AD Khajiit Sorcerer
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M'Hael wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

What addon do you suggest?
    Harven's Trait and Style adds the style into tooltip. CraftStore also does it, but it might be an overkill just for this purpose.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    Any others? I already have an add on that informs me about unresearched traits, I'd rather not have two that do the same.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a nice change to have added to the core game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Several addons that do this, one i use is Craftstore, love it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AugustoCP wrote: »
    Any others? I already have an add on that informs me about unresearched traits, I'd rather not have two that do the same.

Get Craft Store, you can unload most of your other crafting addons. It will track your trait research across all your characters, and help you keep your inventory of traited items for research.

In fact, I only use two others, Cookery Wiz and MultiCraft. Cookery Wiz because I can que up several different foods and drinks and multicraft as the Alchemy part of Craft Store is not ready yet.
    Edited by Nestor on April 29, 2016 4:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutly agree, the tiny icon depicting the item style makes it difficult for those buying it off a guild trader which is were I sell 50% of mine.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is beyond me why this wasn’t part of the tooltip from the very beginning. It seems like one of the most obvious things you’d want to know. It’s ridiculous having to equip it and search eso-fashion.com for a match, or else deconstruct it. I use Harven’s Trait and Style as mentioned above - it looks perfect with the rest of the tooltip and I believe you can un-check the trait tracking in the add-on settings if you don’t need that.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

Its not about crafting, but more about gears and weapons in your inventory. It could be cool to see item style after item name. I never know what style are dropped items.

Thx

Yes please and also a preview option. Hate crafting a set to find out it looks bad on your character
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its still not in the game.
    I just want to know what style are items dropped or rewarded.