Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Crashing before Character Select on Sierra

ningauble_7b14_ESO
ningauble_7b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Upgraded to Sierra today, tried running eso. It crashes consistently on the load screen just prior to character select. In full screen mode the game kicks out to windowed mode and beach balls. In windowed mode I get a crash report requester. I figured this was worth its own topic.

Tried Custom settings, Medium, Low and Minimum Presets

Retina Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015
8GB RAM
Core i7
Iris 6100
Edited by ningauble_7b14_ESO on September 20, 2016 9:48PM
  • EllaRielle
    EllaRielle
    ✭✭✭
    Haha me too. Always say I'm gonna wait on new operating systems, never do. Luckily I waited to do my other computer :-/ Live and Learn
    Guilds:
    ESOTR
    Wings of Fate
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Ethereal Traders Union
    Heroic Intent
    Haderus/Trueflame on NA
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I'm getting the same thing. I tried even bypassing the launcher by using the path through applications and clicking on the pub client. It bypasses the launcer and gets you into the game but still quits before getting to the character selection screen
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You guys running macs with onboard intel graphics also by any chance? Might be a driver issue.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    You guys running macs with onboard intel graphics also by any chance? Might be a driver issue.

Yes I am. I'm trying to figure out what to do since I just can't buy a new computer and there seems to be no new downloads or anything. I just keep submitting reports
    Edited by KimberlyannKitsuragi on September 21, 2016 1:15AM
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • IronDragons
    IronDragons
    ✭✭
    Yep. Intel graphics.
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Meri20098 wrote: »

Yes I am. I'm trying to figure out what to do since I just can't buy a new computer and there seems to be no new downloads or anything. I just keep submitting reports

Think we just have to sit tight and hope ZOS finds a fix or workaround that doesn't involve waiting for apple to release new drivers, tho I just read that a beta version of 10.12.1 was posted today, so if people are willing to run a beta version of macOS they could check and see if it improves things at all.

• Goldwine
    Goldwine
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there,

Encountering exactly the same issue... Here are my MacBook specs:

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mo
    2,9 GHz Intel Core i5
    16 Go 1867 MHz DDR3
    MacBook Pro (Retina 13", early 2015)

Hope they'll fix it quickly!
  • cyberHippy
    cyberHippy
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, and an additional bugaboo: I tried uninstalling & re-installing the software, but it won't re-install because of Error 104 - NotEnoughSpace. I have 160GB free on my drive at the moment, used to be we needed around 80-90 to install or repair.
  • BillDalz46
    BillDalz46
    Soul Shriven

Yep – Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're investigating this issue. You can subscribe to this article to be notified of any updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • EllaRielle
    EllaRielle
    ✭✭✭
    Meri20098 wrote: »

Think we just have to sit tight and hope ZOS finds a fix or workaround that doesn't involve waiting for apple to release new drivers, tho I just read that a beta version of 10.12.1 was posted today, so if people are willing to run a beta version of macOS they could check and see if it improves things at all.

Can confirm that there is not a fix for this in beta version 10.12.1.

*Edited to fix quotes.
    Edited by EllaRielle on September 24, 2016 10:58PM
    Guilds:
    ESOTR
    Wings of Fate
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Ethereal Traders Union
    Heroic Intent
    Haderus/Trueflame on NA
  • sk0nkm0nk3y
    If it's crashing at character load screen, could that be a server compatibility problem?
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen today once on a MacBook Pro I upgraded to sierra today. However it has been running fine all day. After the crash it reloaded fine. On an IMac with sierra I can't recall ever seeing the same issue.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.