Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Class choice for a Mystic Knight?

castem
castem
Soul Shriven
I'm fairly new to ESO and I want to make a character similar to a Mystic Knight - someone that mainly fights in melee with heavy armor, weapon & shield, and uses magic to enhance/sustain themselves.

Originally, I thought this meant I was going to have some kind of hybrid build, but then I read somewhere that even Stamina builds use Magicka abilities. This would probably be enough for me (I'm looking more for a fighter with magic, rather than a mage with melee), but I'm not sure which class has the better Magicka abilities for doing this.

What does each class offer for this kind of build? Which class would be best for what I'm going for? Do certain classes have Magicka abilities based off health/stamina instead of straight Magicka?

If it matters, I would like to do both PVE and PVP later on and I don't mind tanking (although I'd like the option to switch between tank and dps if possible).
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you want is a Stam NB is Black Rose. They are the only class having a magicka damage ability, that scales with stamina.
  • castem
    castem
    Soul Shriven
    susmitds wrote: »
    What you want is a Stam NB is Black Rose. They are the only class having a magicka damage ability, that scales with stamina.

I don't mind having magicka damage ability, but that's not what I was originally looking for. I was more wondering about class magicka abilities that enhance (buffs on self, debuffs on enemies, gap closers, teleportation, etc) or sustain (healing, shields, damage reduction).
    Edited by castem on October 20, 2016 4:52AM
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Night blade is what your looking for, it's has tons of self buffs/heals/passives/etc etc

Now if your looking for a Pally like character then templar and elemental users then sorc or Dk, but NB should fit the bill you asked for
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • castem
    castem
    Soul Shriven
    Night blade is what your looking for, it's has tons of self buffs/heals/passives/etc etc

Now if your looking for a Pally like character then templar and elemental users then sorc or Dk, but NB should fit the bill you asked for

I took a look and Nightblade does indeed seem to be what I was looking for!

Thanks a lot for all the help.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All stamina builds look similar because they are based on weapon skills. Class skills are used for buffs and ultimates.

StamDK: tankiest build. Best resource sustain. Class buffs used to reflect projectiles, create crowd control, and grant more self healing. Lots of damage over time effects

StamNB: cloak provides escapability. Cheap ultimates and widest selection of stamina based class skills. Highest burst potential.

Stamsorc: fastest stamina class. More of a hit and run playstyle. Class skills give tremendous self healing and AoE potential

Stamina Templar (stamplar): has class based cleanse to remove negative effects. Buffs to self healing and class based sustain by defeating enemies.

Really, all stamina classes meet your description. The question is which one fits your playstyle?
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Templar is what you describe
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a magicka Templar