The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving ESO from one hard drive to another on macbook pro

Cherubinio
Cherubinio
Soul Shriven
Hi All...

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I have googled and googled but really couldn't find an answer I could understand..:-(

I use a Macbook Pro early 2015 and I downloaded and installed ESO onto a separate usb drive etc.. works fine. I received a gift of a much smaller sized drive - with 2 TB of space and it's much less cumbersome than the one I have ESO on. So, I want to move it to my new smaller shinier drive...lol I thought it would be just a matter of copying it over and that would be it... but then I had to 'verify'....actually did that twice..but still kept getting the same errors.

I want to start the move from scratch so I've cleaned my new drive which is ready and waiting. Would one of you kind people please be able to tell me how to move everyything to my new drive. Keep in mind that I'm in my late forties and would really appreciate if you could word it as you would perhaps speak to a 2 year old....lol I would really appreciate it....as I would like to get back in world and feed my new horse...xx
Edited by Cherubinio on October 18, 2016 12:44PM
Blessed are the lowly of rank.......because they will....eh......just because!!!!!

Best Answer

• Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get the launcher to work then you could try doing a repair of the game if its on the new drive. If you can get the game launcher to open then you should see repair as one of the game options. Be aware that if the game is trying to do an update you won't see the repair option.

repair.png

If that fails to solve the problem, then honestly I'd just re install the game again.

if you check your downloads folder you should have something like this, either the TESO_OSX.dmg file or a copy of the installer.

installer.png

It might take a while to do but its probably a safer option. Rather than trying to change files and settings. Which might work for a while but will end up throwing up problems and breaking etc. I say this a someone who has been using a mac since 1999 and generally the simplest option works best.

Good luck, hope you get to find your horse again.
    Edited by Druachan on October 21, 2016 3:43PM
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
    Answer ✓
  • Cherubinio
    Cherubinio
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Druachan..... I think that just re-installing it might be the best option...or maybe I may just leave it where it is... and yes, my horse is still here...lol
    Blessed are the lowly of rank.......because they will....eh......just because!!!!!