Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime Highlights: Elsweyr & Skyrim"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime Highlights: Elsweyr & Skyrim. Check out the details for two of our travel packages that you can win through the One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime sweepstakes!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Hartukktu
    Hartukktu
    Soul Shriven
    Oh great. Yet another wonderful prize where only the U.S. and a select few other countries inhabitants can participate.

Really?

Come on Bethesda, you make money of everyone in the game. Be fair and let everyone participate. Not a select few.

Deeply disappointed.
  • Hartukktu
    Hartukktu
    Soul Shriven
    I mean:
    a legal resident of: (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, (iii) Finland, (iv) France, (v) Germany, (vi) Mexico, (vii) Norway, (viii) Russia, (ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom

That's a ridiculously small part of the world.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime Highlights: Elsweyr & Skyrim. Check out the details for two of our travel packages that you can win through the One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime sweepstakes!

country not eligible - again :(
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same @Hartukktu. Belgium is also not in the list :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno, question : even if I have no chance in winning a trip because of country restrictions, do I have a chance on the second price (1000 Crowns) ??

edit : typo
    Edited by Sprotch_16_ESO on October 14, 2016 8:55AM
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hartukktu wrote: »
    Oh great. Yet another wonderful prize where only the U.S. and a select few other countries inhabitants can participate.

Really?

Come on Bethesda, you make money of everyone in the game. Be fair and let everyone participate. Not a select few.

Deeply disappointed.

The game makers are great...amazing...superb. However, they cannot change the laws of countries and regions with restrictions on lotteries and online contests. Only you can try to do that with your lawmakers. You are pointing your fingers in the wrong direction...
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Hartukktu
    Hartukktu
    Soul Shriven
    @CapnPhoton I strongly disagree. We have plenty lotteries and online contests which do not exclude the Netherlands or so many other countries. It just feels very arbitrary. And unjust.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CapnPhoton I strongly disagree. We have plenty lotteries and online contests which do not exclude the Netherlands or so many other countries. It just feels very arbitrary. And unjust.

The only info I can find out is that to register a lottery in Netherlands, it is expensive and there is a large tax on it. the lottery itself has to either be hosted in the country or go through a lengthy process of approval. It is unlikely this would happen for a one time lottery given in a limited time.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will winners be posted? If so, where?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • haunteddream
    haunteddream
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone heard anything/won anything yet? :smiley:
    Red Goat of the Woods
  • JJ_Rain
    JJ_Rain
    Soul Shriven
    Is it canceled?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're just finalizing the final winners, who will be contacted soon. Good luck!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh, I'd actually completely forgotten about this! Thanks for the heads up Gina! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're saying there's still a chance that I won?

Sweet
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UniversalHealthcare

Really?

Deeply disappointed.

"Bethesda" he says. :|
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

So you're saying there's still a chance that I won?

Sweet

Where would you go if you won @MissBizz ?

• JJ_Rain
    JJ_Rain
    Soul Shriven
    Still waiting for january 9...
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, any update on when the winners will be announced? Your website still says winners will be chosen on January 9.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone win or did the president mess up travel?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2017 3:24PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, it is now a month past when the winners was to be announced. If there has been a delay please at least let us know.
  • JJ_Rain
    JJ_Rain
    Soul Shriven
    Best "event" ever... :(
  • JJ_Rain
    JJ_Rain
    Soul Shriven
    is it january 9 already?
    Edited by JJ_Rain on March 15, 2017 6:27PM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, are you planning to ever publicly announce the winners?
  • crachaus
    crachaus
    the 'trip' of a lifetime was a five dollar hit off some blotter paper and a tour of three magnificent manor homes. the winner is in rehab. he still thinks he can store things in the manor homes. lol.
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    Any news yet? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by mingimingi on April 3, 2017 12:27AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    man, the community got rekt here
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what happened to this
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, are you planning to ever publicly announce the winners?

It's bad juju to publicly announce winners of big prizes. Why do you think Lottery winners get hounded by "long lost relatives" and friends of a friend of a friend looking for hand outs.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

It's bad juju to publicly announce winners of big prizes. Why do you think Lottery winners get hounded by "long lost relatives" and friends of a friend of a friend looking for hand outs.

Well, it is not like they are giving away million dollar prizes, but in some US states if you win a lottery you have to allow them to use your name and image in advertising. Now, I am not suggesting ZOS do that here by any means. But, they could at least announce that the winners were notified and perhaps give partial names or something. As it stands it just seems odd to say nothing.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ Especially since the "million dollar" contest winner was publicly announced. Remember? It was that guy on console who hadn't played the game for a few months and was still lvl 20?

Man, I actually forgot about this contest though. I've been so excited to see the housing contest winner announcements.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn