The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Love the One Tamriel idea, but...

Byucknah
Byucknah
✭✭
I absolutely LOVE the One Tamriel idea, it makes the game feel much more like an Elder Scrolls game with the option to go wherever I want. With that said, I wish it was a bit more controlled in some way. I just traveled to the rift because I LOVE Skyrim and upon arriving I am bombarded with "WE MUST FIND THE REMAINING AXE SHARDS FOR THE AXE OF XXXXXXX THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PUTTING TOGETHER, CHAMPION!!" and it leaves me feeling confused and out of place, really breaking the overall flow and immersion. It would be awesome if the larger story driven chain quest npc's would instead go "Hey, adventurer, maybe you should go speak to XXXXXXX before assisting me. He could really use the help of adventurers more right now!(Warning: This quest is part of a chain you have yet to start. Would you instead prefer to be guided to the start of this chain?)" with options at the bottom of "Accept(Guide me to the start!)", "Ignore(Start at this point!)", and "Leave".

This way we can go to whatever zones we desire in any order we desire but still be able to go through the story quests for each zone without breaking the flow too much. Non story focused quests wont bring up the prompt but massive zone wide chains should let you know that you are not at the start of the chain as well as where to send you to get started.

One Tamriel is so close to capturing the free roaming aspect of Elder Scrolls games but it needs just a minor bit of tweaking to be perfect! So far it already feels a lot closer to a traditional Elder Scrolls game and I have loves being able to simply roam around the world as I please. It has really brought my interest of ESO back to life and I cant wait to see what comes in the future!

Also, cant wait for player housing ;)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a One Tamriel issue; these situations have existed since launch, where there are certain quests in a zone's storyline that can be done even if the quest that came before them in the chain has not been completed yet. The Rift and Eastmarch are categorically the worst zones in the game for breaking their internal continuity; for the most part, zones are pretty good at keeping their storylines in the right order. (The inter-zone continuity is worse, as there are no inter-zone prerequisites at all; AD is the worst for breaking inter-zone continuity.)

But I agree. With a couple of tweaks, internal continuity can easily be enforced. I have a thread in drafts right now discussing continuity of the entire alliance storylines and how it can be addressed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That's not a One Tamriel issue; these situations have existed since launch, where there are certain quests in a zone's storyline that can be done even if the quest that came before them in the chain has not been completed yet. The Rift and Eastmarch are categorically the worst zones in the game for breaking their internal continuity; for the most part, zones are pretty good at keeping their storylines in the right order. (The inter-zone continuity is worse, as there are no inter-zone prerequisites at all; AD is the worst for breaking inter-zone continuity.)

But I agree. With a couple of tweaks, internal continuity can easily be enforced. I have a thread in drafts right now discussing continuity of the entire alliance storylines and how it can be addressed.

I can not begin to comprehend how long that has taken.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

The thread itself? Not very long. The issues it raises? Since 25 August 2014, when I started this endeavour.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Byucknah
    Byucknah
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

The thread itself? Not very long. The issues it raises? Since 25 August 2014, when I started this endeavour.

Well, if/when you get around to finishing and posting your draft I would love to see it, hopefully you will post a link to your topic in here once you post it :)