Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Marksman & Hawks Eye

budrow
budrow
✭✭✭
Does the 5th piece bonus of these two sets stack?

Marksman (5 Items) Reduce the Stamina cost of abilities by 5% and increase the damage of your bow abilities against players by 8%.

Hawks Eye (5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 5%.
l PaleAle l
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they do. I've done this set up and it is fun and balanced. I think you get 2 stam regen, 2 max Stam, and 2 weapon damage buffs grub the sets. It has a very serious draw back though.. your healing is awful, and since you're going 5 pieces of marksman im assuming you pvp. Another draw back is your crit chance.

I'll put it this way:. You reach the same damage with your bow attacks as just going Hundings, but gimp everything else.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that insight, I guess I could run all points into bow attacks and mighty with the thief mundus. I have 7 characters max at the moment and I was thinking of going complete archer build with light/heavy attacks, poison and fighters guild. I'll have to see what adjustments to help healing.
    l PaleAle l
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do. I've done this set up and it is fun and balanced. I think you get 2 stam regen, 2 max Stam, and 2 weapon damage buffs grub the sets. It has a very serious draw back though.. your healing is awful, and since you're going 5 pieces of marksman im assuming you pvp. Another draw back is your crit chance.

I'll put it this way:. You reach the same damage with your bow attacks as just going Hundings, but gimp everything else.

If your healing is awful that would mean your weapon damage is too, since that's what would determine the power of your heals from skills like vigor and rally. Also crit isn't very useful in PvP because most people run impen.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

If your healing is awful that would mean your weapon damage is too, since that's what would determine the power of your heals from skills like vigor and rally. Also crit isn't very useful in PvP because most people run impen.

So my vigor rally should work and what mundus stone would u recommend with 7 medium bow/2h wood elf stamblade? Also I could use rearming trap for crit if needed cause I want to utilize all of the fighters guild skills.
    l PaleAle l
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Yes, that is what he is saying... Your weapon damage is low because instead of getting weapon damage from a set like Hundings Rage, you are getting a % damage component toward only your bow attacks. Even though the damage of bow attacks is as good or better than hundings, your heals suffer.

I used to believe crit % didn't matter in PVP, but in reality it is pretty useful. Then I played a Heavy Armor build, and even though my damage is good, I find it harder to burst players down.

Your heals can crit. Also a player would need to be in full impen with 100 CP in Resistant to completely negate a crit from a player with a 1.5x damage multiplier. If you are NB or Templar with some points in Precise Strikes you can get well above 1.5x. I'm not saying drive your crit % as high as possible like in PVE, but shotting for 50%-60% has some value.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Hundings+ either set.