Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Transmogrify Stones for master crafters

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
Hello

Since there isnt a proposal board i will suggest this here.

Proposal(short):
Let master crafter creates transmogrify stones.

Reason:
After becoming a master crafter there is no real reward except being able to craft the all craftable sets with all the different traits.
However due to the revamping of old sets to max level including adding jewelry the master crafters will fall short.
There is ofcourse always a few crafted sets that do good in the works of obtaining the non craftable sets with the good traits.
Regardless the master crafters will have less and less work and the revamped sets will shadow most of the crafted sets.

Proposal(detailed):

- When you become a master crafter you should get an anchievement and unlock the ability to craft transmogrify stones.
- To create a transmogrify stones you should have to pay 20 rubedite/rubedo/ancestor silks/ ruby ash and 2 of the style material(argonian/imperial/dwemer etc) for 150cp and 160cp gear. The same would go for lower level gear with their correct materials and numbers adjusted.
- Everyone should be able to use a transmogrify stone, making them sellable in shops or traded between players.
- The crafter should only be able to create a transmogrify stone with the motifs he/she knows. Meaning you have to learn the styles to create the style stone you or your friends are looking for.
- Only masters crafters should be able to do this.
- Every set item except for monster sets should be able to be changed. Meaning all other dropped and crafted sets should be able to be changed.
- When a player tries to change the style on a set that has a uniqe style(lich set) a warning should pop up, asking if the player is sure and that it is not possible to change it back to the uniqe style.

TL:DR:
- Let master crafters(all 9th traits researched) create stone to change apperance of items for a fee.
- The stones would be trade-/sellable and used by all.
- Monster sets cant be changed.

Thanks for reading my proposal, hope you enjoyed it.
Feedback is most welcome
Yours Beruge

My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs have already stated that they had no plans in the future for transmog... it sucks, because I too see it as an essential feature. =(
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the reason they aren't doing it is it is too hard to do.

I think this is silly based on how I would write the code for this but the code is already written the way it is. I get if it's too tough to fix.

That said, I think it would be nice.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

I think this is silly based on how I would write the code for this but the code is already written the way it is. I get if it's too tough to fix.

I wonder how hard it really is, though. After buying the Imperial Edition or whatever, I can 'Convert to Imperial Style' the vast majority of weapons and armor (except for monster helmets at least, which is really frustrating.) I feel like that addition was probably put in after they wrote the game code, so... this makes me think it has more to do with forcing us to be unhappy with the way we look so that maybe we'll buy more costumes. idk. Perhaps this is what happens when we're left to wonder...
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only you worked at ZOS
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea. Due to the new motifs I was looking for a way to change the motifs of my end game golden gear, only to find out it's not possible.(WTF) Why do we then have all these kind of motifs and receive new motifs/ event motifs if we cannot use them. Who is willing to remake a full sets of golden 160 gear just to use a different motif. I'm sorry but I feel screwed farming for the new Hollowjack motif as I cannot use it.

ZOS should and must add a function to use for example 100 material (Rubenite etc.) to change the motif of an armor piece to a motif you have learned. It does not need to be cheap but it should be possible due to the fact we have all these kind of motifs.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    melek-taus wrote: »
    I love this idea. Due to the new motifs I was looking for a way to change the motifs of my end game golden gear, only to find out it's not possible.(WTF) Why do we then have all these kind of motifs and receive new motifs/ event motifs if we cannot use them. Who is willing to remake a full sets of golden 160 gear just to use a different motif. I'm sorry but I feel screwed farming for the new Hollowjack motif as I cannot use it.

ZOS should and must add a function to use for example 100 material (Rubenite etc.) to change the motif of an armor piece to a motif you have learned. It does not need to be cheap but it should be possible due to the fact we have all these kind of motifs.

These are my thoughts everytime I see new cool motifs added to the game.

Meanwhile I stick to my ugly monster sets
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I could get behind this.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Abob wrote: »

These are my thoughts everytime I see new cool motifs added to the game.

Meanwhile I stick to my ugly monster sets

I would not mind that the motifs of monster sets are not changeable. This because the motif is that of the boss you defeated.

Man I just crafted Hollowjack 150 gear to walk in when I am not doing anything. I really hope ZOS would add something.....
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    If only you worked at ZOS

Everyone would have been terminated by now, assuming I was in charge of course >:)
    Edited by xRIVALENx on October 17, 2016 3:20PM
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

I don't really see how it would be too hard since the functionality is already in the game.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an alternate idea, have crafting stations in trials at the end. You can then decon your drops for a chance at a stone that allows you to make a set it came from. Also create the dreaded 10th trait dun dun duuuunnnnnn! Once per week from the coffer you get a piece that can be researched or sold and all these crafting stations require 10 traits and also allow you to craft jewelry but the stone needed only drops a piece of the stone kinda like ashes of remorse into charcoal and those drop at normal rates. Once you can make a complete stone you can craft that item in whatever style you have learned. This way it will be difficult to get the mats and learn the traits so the good sets will still be rare but attainable.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • dead_goon
    dead_goon
    ✭✭

There is a difference between cannot and don't want to...

"Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. " -AE